Quantcast

Avoid Beyond Bikes

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Avoid Beyond Bikes. I have ordered from them before and haven't had a problem, until they matched a price for me. Last item I ordered before this was a pair of Axo Comp Knee/Shin pads - these were 4 lbs. and they charged 9.33 shipping and handling from their location in CA to NJ - a fair price. I just ordered and received Axo Descend gloves from them which they did a pricematch on, but did not tell me my order total with shipping and handling. They shipped the gloves to me in a padded envelope - UPS label says 1 lbs. They charged me $9.99 - it seems they underhandedly made up their price match in the S&H charge. I just checked UPS.com for rates from their zip code to mine and the S&H charge was 5.64 as a normal consumer (i.e. person off the street without a shipping account and discount rates). I just called them and they claim $9.99 was their standard charge, even though my prior order without a pricematch had a lower shipping rate. Do not do business with this dishonest business.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Originally posted by syadasti
Avoid Beyond Bikes. I have ordered from them before and haven't had a problem, until they matched a price for me. Last item I ordered before this was a pair of Axo Comp Knee/Shin pads - these were 4 lbs. and they charged 9.33 shipping and handling from their location in CA to NJ - a fair price. I just ordered and received Axo Descend gloves from them which they did a pricematch on, but did not tell me my order total with shipping and handling. They shipped the gloves to me in a padded envelope - UPS label says 1 lbs. They charged me $9.99 - it seems they underhandedly made up their price match in the S&H charge. I just checked UPS.com for rates from their zip code to mine and the S&H charge was 5.64 as a normal consumer (i.e. person off the street without a shipping account and discount rates). I just called them and they claim $9.99 was their standard charge, even though my prior order without a pricematch had a lower shipping rate. Do not do business with this dishonest business.
I can't believe after you called them out on it they still didn't do anything to rectify the situation. That's classic bad biz.:nope: :sneaky: smilies suck but not as bad as these guys:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Originally posted by Serial Midget
I am a commercial UPS shipper. Give me the 2 zip codes (origin and delivery) and I can run it through...
Origin: 92127
Destination: 07701

It was an envelope (with only gloves in it) - so less than 1 lbs actually, but I think 1 lbs is the minimum UPS does. For comparison, Ben from Unreal - a top notch online retailer - charged me $5 S&H for DH saddle he shipped from WA to NJ.