Quantcast

Awesome "freedom" you have down there!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So first the nut jobs in South Dakota sign in a bill to ban ALL abortions, knowing it will tie up the courts for years. They only want to challenge Roe v Wade.

Now NJ wants to pass a bill to make anonymous posts on the internet illegal.

Discuss the current administration, and it's penchant for taking away the personal freedoms of its citizens.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Old Man G Funk said:
No, you don't have the freedom to decide what a woman does with her body.
I dont care what she does with HER body, its the one inside of hers.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
BurlyShirley said:
Which is connected to and part of hers. You can't terminate the life inside of her without violating her right to control her own body. Similarly, you can not tell her how to control her own body by eliminating her right to terminate a pregnancy.

Burly (and Clancy if you want to join in) have you adopted a kid, or have you made plans to adopt a kid? If not, why not?

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
BurlyShirley said:

Untill it's able to think or act of it's own accord I'd consider it to just be another clump of cells in her body.
After it aquires that function it's a human with rights IMO.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Im actually not even anti-abortion, I just like stirring the crap. I havent adopted kids because I hate kids and I think more should be aborted.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
BurlyShirley said:
Im actually not even anti-abortion, I just like stirring the crap. I havent adopted kids because I hate kids and I think more should be aborted.
Well, if you get your kicks from "stirring the crap" so be it. I think you could do a better job of it if you really wanted.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Old Man G Funk said:
Well, if you get your kicks from "stirring the crap" so be it. I think you could do a better job of it if you really wanted.
You're right, but Im lazy.

I do actually have a problem with how men arent allowed to decide on abortions, yet are forced to pay child support based on the mothers' only decision. Im writing a paper on that right now actually. I may post it for kicks.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
BurlyShirley said:

I do actually have a problem with how men arent allowed to decide on abortions, yet are forced to pay child support based on the mothers' only decision. Im writing a paper on that right now actually. I may post it for kicks.
I would read it.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
BurlyShirley said:

Men can absolutely decide. They decide by not f*cking. If they do f*ck once it's over and assuming they aren't in a relationship then it's up to the woman to decide. If a woman in a relationship has an abortion without her partners knowledge and/or consent well then that relationship was obviously in serious trouble.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I hear there's birth control for men now - so now you can do even more to prevent kiddos from spawning....

and btw - back to the original post - the administration is a symptom of the era, it's not the cause of it.

Burley - you always were a speck of reality in this ocean of diarhea...;)

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
valve bouncer said:
Men can absolutely decide. They decide by not f*cking. If they do f*ck once it's over and assuming they aren't in a relationship then it's up to the woman to decide. If a woman in a relationship has an abortion without her partners knowledge and/or consent well then that relationship was obviously in serious trouble.
I dont think that's valid because the woman could have made the same choice to simply not **** in the beginning too. But once a woman is pregnant, she has a choice, he does not. Its not fair that she makes the decision whether or not he will be paying her 26% of his income for the next 18 years.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BurlyShirley said:

I'd read that too.

On the one hand I can see what VB is saying , but if having sex is a 50/50 thing, and BC is a 50/50 thing, shouldn't the decision of whether or not to bring the accidantal child into the world a 50/50 thing also?

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Ciaran said:
I'd read that too.

On the one hand I can see what VB is saying , but if having sex is a 50/50 thing, and BC is a 50/50 thing, shouldn't the decision of whether or not to bring the accidantal child into the world a 50/50 thing also?
I'd say yes - if you're in a committed relationship with the woman. But I say no if you really just wanted a one-night-stand of playing pin the tail... Basically, if a guy's already planning on being a part of the woman's life, then ya, for sure he should be part of the decision-making about kids. But if he's only there for a little tail, then no - because who's going to be raising the kid?
Ya - I know that guys can get slapped with the child-support thing, and that sucks if you're not going be involved in the kids life at all - but Dad's that don't want to be a part of a kids life are probably a lot more likely to be dead beats and not pay until court-ordered to.

A girlfriend of mine had an abortion when she got knocked up. The dude was around for all of two weeks and then was gone. She knew where he lived, how to find him, etc etc. When she found out she was pregnant, she took a week and visited her mom to think things through away from the area where she was influenced. When she returned, she went to her support group of girlfriends, and went and took care of the abortion. The dude never knew about the kid, and never will - because he was just a fling, not something long term or permanent.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Ciaran said:
I'd read that too.

But in making the 50/50 choice to have sex in the first place, both parties are agreeing to the potential consequences that come with it....and yes for men, that means with the first agreement you're agreeing to the fact that you don't have a 50/50 say in weather or not a women has an abortion.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
BurlyShirley said:
I dont think that's valid because the woman could have made the same choice to simply not **** in the beginning too. But once a woman is pregnant, she has a choice, he does not. Its not fair that she makes the decision whether or not he will be paying her 26% of his income for the next 18 years.
Mine was 42%, but that's only because my ex is a bitch and sued me from California (where you will get more of a shaft).

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
jimmydean said:
Mine was 42%, but that's only because my ex is a bitch and sued me from California (where you will get more of a shaft).
Ouch! You should move abroad and pay what you feel like paying.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yeah i am gonna have to agree with BS on this one. another way to look at it is this. if a woman gets pregnant and wants to get an abortion but the man wants to have the child then the woman still gets to make the choice. It is not all about the abortion ya know. It just so happens that the only side you hear is where the woman wants the child and the man doesnt.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
as for the government, they are only this paranoid (eavesdropping, intercepting e-mails and whatnot)because they know they are doing bad things. if they were not they would have nothing to worry about.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
biggins said:
as for the government, they are only this paranoid (eavesdropping, intercepting e-mails and whatnot)because they know they are doing bad things. if they were not they would have nothing to worry about.
Sorry, complete BS. They could potentially intercept any communication between someone in the US and myself, and in the process get confidential information that has nothing to do with a case, and which I didn't give anyone permission to have.

It isn't a case of "i'm not doing anytyhing wrong", it's a case of "it's none of their bloody business".

I don't want to be eavesdropped on, or have my email intercepted. Putting up with it because "you are doing nothing wrong" is absolute bull****.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
biggins said:
yeah i am gonna have to agree with BS on this one. another way to look at it is this. if a woman gets pregnant and wants to get an abortion but the man wants to have the child then the woman still gets to make the choice. It is not all about the abortion ya know. It just so happens that the only side you hear is where the woman wants the child and the man doesnt.
Sure, it's a 50/50 decision. Only you made both of your choices when you stuck your dick in her.

Being pregnant isn't exactly pleasant, neither is poppping out something the size of a watermelon. Many complications can also take place rendering the pregnancy downright dangerous.

The man SHOULDN'T have any choice, as he doesn't have to do any of the work.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Transcend said:
It isn't a case of "i'm not doing anytyhing wrong", it's a case of "it's none of their bloody business".

I don't want to be eavesdropped on, or have my email intercepted. Putting up with it because "you are doing nothing wrong" is absolute bull****.
:stupid:

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
biggins said:
Transcend and Changleen. Maybe I missed something, but I read that he's saying our gubmint is acting they way the currently do because they are doing something wrong. Not us.

I tend to agree.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
lux said:
Transcend and Changleen. Maybe I missed something, but I read that he's saying our gubmint is acting they way the currently do because they are doing something wrong. Not us.

I tend to agree.
Maybe, but it doesn't matter WHY they are doing it. Either way you are still giving up personal freedoms. This was the entire point of the thread.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Transcend said:
Maybe, but it doesn't matter WHY they are doing it. Either way you are still giving up personal freedoms. This was the entire point of the thread.
Nah. I really need my government to tell me what to do. Wish it was law to come inside when it's raining. I just keep getting wet.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
A man shouldn't have any say over whether a woman has an abortion.

He should have the option of a paper abortion, however. Want to bet that women wouldn't forget birth control pills as often?

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
DaveW said:
Untill it's able to think or act of it's own accord I'd consider it to just be another clump of cells in her body.
After it aquires that function it's a human with rights IMO.
the question for you is, if you're in an accident that leaves you in a coma, you are technically unable to think or act of your own accord, are you dead? Are you just a clump of cells? :confused: My biggest problem with the situation is allowing someone to arbitrarily decide the parameters of life, could get tricky really quick. :think: .......guess that's why it's such a hotly contested issue......

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Transcend said:
Sorry, complete BS. They could potentially intercept any communication between someone in the US and myself, and in the process get confidential information that has nothing to do with a case, and which I didn't give anyone permission to have.

don't know what's worse, that it happens or that the supreme court allows these things to happen (was allowed under Carter, wasn't tested during Clinton's Eschelon project, Bush to be determined......):mumble:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
BuddhaRoadkill said:
No such thing. That's like calling... ...an egg an unhatched chicken. Nice word trickery though. :p
That is an excellent comparison. I wonder how many of these pro-lifers had a nice hearty American breakfast to keep their strenght up before going out to protest?

Mmm, fried unborn chicken tastes good.

How do you like your unborn chicken? Over easy?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Velocity Girl said:
But in making the 50/50 choice to have sex in the first place, both parties are agreeing to the potential consequences that come with it....and yes for men, that means with the first agreement you're agreeing to the fact that you don't have a 50/50 say in weather or not a women has an abortion.
That decision that the man is not allowed to participate in will affect him the rest of his life. And what about those women who say they are on the pill but aren't? I happen to have a friend who had that happen. Now he is responsible for a special needs child that he had not planned on.

It's fine and dandy to say that the man shouldn't have any decision because it's not his body and he doesn't have to carry the child or give birth, but if you are going to take that road, you MUST give the man an opportunity to have the burden of responsibility removed. If a woman gets preggo on purpose in a deceptive way the man should not be held responsible.
Transcend said:
The man SHOULDN'T have any choice, as he doesn't have to do any of the work.
Bull****. The man will have to work to support that child looong after the woman is done giving birth.

Just my opinion, your milage may vary...