Quantcast

!!!Awesome Friday Morning!!!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Its off to Tsali and the 12 hour race today (doing that solo). So that makes 5 of 6 Fridays I haven't worked. The weather is going to perfect with highs in the upper 60's, sunny and dry. Tsali is ripping fast singlish track.

The family is headed to the beach tomorrow and I won't see them until next Saturday. That's sorta a bummer, cause I'm going to miss my girls.

Well I expect big things in my absence.... a poopy title for BAH is in order.

Y'all have a great weekend.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
w00tw00t!!@1!!!!!!

This week has kicked my ass....I am not complaining, I am just sayin'.

Yard Sale-in' tomorrow. I hope we make some crazy lettuce.

Next week is a three day week & then off to New Orrrleeeeeans for 4 days of food & wine at the www.NOWFE.com.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Its off to Tsali and the 12 hour race today (doing that solo). So that makes 5 of 6 Fridays I haven't worked. The weather is going to perfect with highs in the upper 60's, sunny and dry. Tsali is ripping fast singlish track.

good luck, we'll except a race report & pics come Monday!

I think I'll be racing too, NYS champ. XC race # 1 is sunday @ Platty

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

I'm f'n stuck in the f'n office today doing f'n paperwork. I hate f'n paperwork. I'd rather be out in the world watching sh!t blow up.

Finished the sub floor in my half bath, next is paint. After that, I can finally put down the granite tile and finish the bathroom.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Mother f'n rain! I'm doing a 100 mile charity road ride tomorrow and the forecast keeps getting worse and worse. I f'n hate this f'n rain! Then, just to cap it all off, the temperature is going to be almost 20 degrees below the average for this time of year. F'n cold f'n rain sucks even worse! F*@&!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Going to ride the new trails in Chattanooga @ Raccoon Mountain tomorrow. Going to work and look at a house today. Yipee.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Well....good luck, DRB!!

My knee feels ten times better than yesterday--I can actually get up steps without whimpering like a little girly-man. Don't think I did any damage--just tweaked it a bit so now it's super-sore. Did some house cleaning yesterday, laughed a little bit as BAH's poopy-neighbor thread kept going, and picked up some takeout(...which later took me out--ugh), and played with Colin for about an hour.

I also insured that my yard won't get rolled this coming Halloween by the neighborhood skate-punks. I noticed the other day as I was riding by that they had an assortment of crummy ramps they were riding. I already had 4 or 5 different wedge ramps and launch ramps that I built several years ago when I was riding a lot of street and had stacked them in a back corner of one of our companys warehouses. I stopped by there yesterday and picked two of them up--a 4ft. wide wedge and a lunch ramp the same width and dropped them off at their spot. The look on those kids faces was priceless......I wish that when I was their age, people would have dropped off random stuff for us to skate. I was glad to get rid of a few of the ramps and they got some new stuff to ride, so that was pretty cool.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Going to ride the new trails in Chattanooga @ Raccoon Mountain tomorrow. Going to work and look at a house today. Yipee.
Read an article about Chattanooga in one of the bike mags. They planned on having 100 miles of singletrack in 2010.

How are things coming along?

Oh and, good morning!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Well....good luck, DRB!!

My knee feels ten times better than yesterday--I can actually get up steps without whimpering like a little girly-man. Don't think I did any damage--just tweaked it a bit so now it's super-sore. Did some house cleaning yesterday, laughed a little bit as BAH's poopy-neighbor thread kept going, and picked up some takeout(...which later took me out--ugh), and played with Colin for about an hour.

I also insured that my yard won't get rolled this coming Halloween by the neighborhood skate-punks. I noticed the other day as I was riding by that they had an assortment of crummy ramps they were riding. I already had 4 or 5 different wedge ramps and launch ramps that I built several years ago when I was riding a lot of street and had stacked them in a back corner of one of our companys warehouses. I stopped by there yesterday and picked two of them up--a 4ft. wide wedge and a lunch ramp the same width and dropped them off at their spot. The look on those kids faces was priceless......I wish that when I was their age, people would have dropped off random stuff for us to skate. I was glad to get rid of a few of the ramps and they got some new stuff to ride, so that was pretty cool.
right on!

we had a few people who stopped by in the middle of the night to drop our ramp off...... into a ravine next to where it was stored:disgust:

it is cool, and I always liked giving back... I have built several mini ramps, some fun boxes, and rails for kids in the area... they just need to help, and I will be there with tools! they are usually there to learn how to build... I love using practical situations to teach :thumb:

good for you Greyhound!

firemandivi

They drank my Tooters
Sep 7, 2006
a state called denial
Morning all, I've had one heck of a busy week. Very glad that its all over. I will more than likely be starting a new job next month. They made me an offer I just can't refuse. Is it me or was is this a little quick. Monday I sent out my resume and by Friday I accept a new job. I won't be able to give my two week notice till Monday though, oh well. I'm hoping the rain stays away tonight so I can hit the trails.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning monkiiies

good luck at the race DRB.

I am getting ready for a field trip with the kids to the Andy Warhol Museum! should be saweet... We get to do a screen printing workshop which will be cool! most of the kids are pretty into printing as it is... when they see some of the other stuff they can do, they are going to be stoked!

have a good one! :monkeydance:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
good luck, we'll except a race report & pics come Monday!

I think I'll be racing too, NYS champ. XC race # 1 is sunday @ Platty
Roxbury Weather Report:
Sunday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. Northwest wind between 6 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

I will be there also with a bunch of 'just getting started' dh people! I'll cheer you and Bryna on!

Today = post work ride on the solid 100 year old town roads that make up much of the trails in Grafton Lakes State Park, I don't even care if it rains!. Sat = chore whore. Sunday = ride at Platty, getting to know the R9 in the rain, cheering on/making fun of Doug, then more chores!

Have a good weekend!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Jesus fvcking christ it is beautiful out today.

I think I'll just sit outside and be amazed.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I'm still swamped at work with little end in sight. Actually a week from today and my project will be complete. Maybe I can get back on my bike then.

TGIF peeps! :)

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Morn' all. Finally got to see "The Host" last night at the theatre. It had some friggin amazing moments, but could have used a little snip-snip editing to tighten it up. I'm seen alot of horror/monster movies, and there were a couple of times I about jumped out of my seat. Pretty good overall.

I also got the headset pressed into my new DH frame, after much fighting with it.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Jesus fvcking christ it is beautiful out today.

I think I'll just sit outside and be amazed.
That's funny you said that......I was just outside loading some roof metal for a customer and said almost that exact same thing. The day is so nice, it literally puts a smile on my face. NC is awesome this time of year. :clapping:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
good, I'll need it - I'll be struggling for my goal ( not last )
Take it from me, lowballing yourself will only get you lower! (I know the feeling, though after racing 3 x-pro's last weekend and being happy that I stayed within 30 sec's off the back of them! Actually, only 19 sec's!)

Additional sucky news dept: my bud Keith,who I race DH with, stopped in the store last night - he and his wife have been in the local hospital with their newborn who has been having seizures for the last 2 days after having a picture perfect birth....You never know when life will go all goofy on you.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Been a lame week, but got my armor, so that's good. Will hopefully have a not so crashtastic outing for some DH on Sunday.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Take it from me, lowballing yourself will only get you lower! (I know the feeling, though after racing 3 x-pro's last weekend and being happy that I stayed within 30 sec's off the back of them! Actually, only 19 sec's!)
well, Platty was my home for 3 years...that has to be some sort of advantage!!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Been out of town for three days, I was looking foreward to riding today, but woke up to rain :( I leave again on Sunday, so it looks like I'll be hitting the fake bikes at the gym :plthumbsdown:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon all! I feel like crap today :( A little too much wine too late last night and the crappy cold psudo-rainy weather is making me grumpy. I am headed out to the trails tonight to pound this hanger out of me. Tomorrow is trail maintenance and Sunday is a ride day too followed up by a BBQ with some friends.

I made a stop at the garden shop on the way home to get a bunch of flowers to plant my mother's flower box before she gets home from Florida too. I also picked up a beautiful plant for a friend who's planting a recovery garden. I had absolutely no idea garden centers were in on the breast cancer awareness thing, but they are and if you buy a plant with a pink ribbon (they are also in pink posts) 15% of the sale goes to the breast cancer fund :thumb:

I'm tired....must drink more water instead of coffee so I don't die on tonight's ride!

2gunnz

Monkey
Feb 9, 2007
Ft. Lewis
This morning was the best!!! I ran in a kind of obstacle course/Pt test. To start it off we saw how many pushups we could do in a min, and set-ups in a min. I need to work on those some more. After that we did a 1.5 mile timed run, then it was off to the weapons assembly point. We had 8 min's to assemble around six M4's and four M9's we did it in 3 minutes. No resting though it was off to the next point, the memorization box. This is a big crate that has picture of different things on it that you have to memorize so you can write it down at a later date. Next stop, the HMMWV push!! So after pushing the HMMWV for a bit we went to the next point and did a UXO (unexploded ordnance) sweep. That was a nice break from all the running between points. After we reported what UXO's we found we ran some more to the First Aid point and litter carry. This is where they choose two individuals from your team to be "injured" and the rest of the team has to patch them up, put them on a litter and carry them a few hundred yards. After all that we went to the next point which was the Gas mask run. At this point they pop some smoke to simulate nerve gas or what have ya and you have 8 seconds to get on your gas mask. Then it was more running to the next point with your mask on. Upon arriving at the next point you take off your mask and you have to make a kind of bridge with some cinder blocks. How it works is there are ten people on your team and there are eleven blocks. The people at the station have put down some marker tape to make a beginning line and a finish line, about 50ft apart. You have to lay the blocks down one at a time and create a kind of bridge from one end to the other without touching the ground. If some one touches the ground you have to start all over. After you successfully make it across you run to the next point where you are given ten questions you have to answer out of your airman’s manual (kind of a guidance book). If you get any questions wrong you have to carry a five gallon jerry can for every one you get wrong to the next station. At the next station you have to do 50 pull-ups, 250(or was it 350) sit-ups and 200 push-ups between all ten of you. When you get done with that remember the pictures we had to memorize? Well its time to remember them and write them down. And that it you’re done, all in all if was a really good time and I can’t wait until I get to do it again :) heres a map I madeof the event. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=115391346063763719236.00000112a051c1efc590a&safe=on&z=14&om=1