Quantcast

Awesome Hayes/Manitou Service

Christiaan

Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
Weesp, The Netherlands
Last week I noticed that my 2009 Dorado was losing a bit of oil on the damper side. I contacted Manitou USA as I bought the fork in the US. I live in Europe

Within a few hours I got an e-mail back that they had contacted Hayes Europe, and they would contact me about the service of the fork.

10 minutes later I got an E-mail from Clayton Goldsmidt from Hayes Europe, saying I could send my fork in to him, and he would take care of it. He received the fork on Thurday, did the work, replaced the air chamber with the latest version, and some parts on the damper side, and shipped it back on Friday. I should see it back here today or tomorrow.

All I can say is, great service, they stand behind their product, even though it was bought in the US, Hayes Europe took care of me, and fast too.

You sometimes read that Hayes/Manitou have/give bad service, so I thought I should post this, Thanks Clayton and Hayes Manitou for the SUPER service!!

Last edited:

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Hayes sponsors my team and they are one of my favorites to work with. They're great to us (I deal with Clayton sometimes even here in the US); some of my teammates who are more Avid guys are switching to Hayes because of their service alone.

That and the new Stroker brakes are great. <-- Shameless sponsor plug? Maybe, but its deserved.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
You sometimes read that Hayes/Manitou have/give bad service, so I thought I should post this, Thanks Clayton and Hayes Manitou for the SUPER service!!
actually I almost never hear about bad service from Hayes/Manitou, at least not in the past several years. I have found the email response from Manitou CS to be ridiculously fast -- typically within 2 hours -- and they've freely given out replacement or upgrade parts.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Clayton is rad
Rich is rad
Wells is rad
Porter is rad
kid rock is rad
nick pye is rad
ahhh hell their all rad!

I had a chance to spend a few days out there in the HBG office(s) and took a tour of both warehouses. pretty wild i must say! i felt like a kid in a candy store drooooooool!

Ditto my experiences with Hayes/Manitou. Bought a 2008 Minute MRD 130 that had some chronic air chamber issues. After waiting less than two hours from the time I initially emailed tech support from the web form, I had an RMA to send it back. I expected them to simply gut it and return. A new 2010 MRD showed up on my doorstep a week later. :eek: :thumb:

Their support is absolutely top notch. If you choose to run one of their products and have a problem, they will take care of you.

....Although, in the case of their "old school" discs, cockroaches and my ancient set of Purple Hayes will be the only things left standing after N. Korea stops lobbing torpedoes/nukes at anyone who looks at Kim Jong-il funny.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i dont think i could say enough good things about HBG!

rich, jon, and clayton are super awesome down to earth guys.