Quantcast

azonic outlaw wheelset reviews?????

zaphod1

Monkey
Oct 7, 2004
great mills md
I was looking at buying the azonic outlaws but wanted to get some feedback before hand. Good, bad and if bad why. also a recomended wheelset other than Deemax's.
Thanks.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Never heard anything bad about them. Dunno what you were gonna pay for them but I've bought stuff from this dude on ebay before, he ships fast and has pretty good prices: linky

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I have ridden them, they are a really solid wheelset. I would pull the trigger...
Are the wheels he is talking about the same Azonics that are down at West View? if so I bet we could get zaphod1 a good deal on them!

J

JRB

I ride Performance Locos, which are the same hubs, but with 32 hole welded rims, where Outlaws are 36 hole pinned rims.

What is the price?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Don't listen to Loco!

Outlaws are awesome! I've been fairly hard on a set for a year, and never had to have them trued. Mavic hubs suck.

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
Don't listen to Loco!

Outlaws are awesome! I've been fairly hard on a set for a year, and never had to have them trued. Mavic hubs suck.
What are you talking about??? They are the same except for the rims. Sheesh.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
zaphod1 said:
I'm not shure my budds the mgr at LBS i'd get a better price than some one off the street but they retail for around 260.00
Got 'em on my hardtail - love them! I've seen them on Ebay for around $200 "buy it now".

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
They have fewer spokes and different wheels? Wait, are they the same or not?

:clue:
Same hubs and same rim design, with the exception of welded vs. pinned. I prefer welded, but that's just me. I never worried about 4 spokes. For my riding it's negligible. For some, it's not, but for me it is.

Pretty much the same. Sheesh.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I've got them on my trail bike and I've been really happy with them. No issues at all. I'm running them tubeless with Maxxis rim strips.

J

JRB

dfinn said:
I've got them on my trail bike and I've been really happy with them. No issues at all. I'm running them tubeless with Maxxis rim strips.
:stupid: Exact same story.