Quantcast

Azonic Outlaws?

Matrimony

Chimp
May 25, 2005
Winooski, VT
Hey everyone, it seems like ive been seeing more people with azonic outlaws, it seems like theyre decent rims, I bought mine about 3 weeks ago, and haven't even gotten to use them, because the rest of my bike isnt done!, I would just like peoples opinions on these rims......they strong? good for the price? ($200) hub failures or anything wrong with them? also, does azonic offer these rims a warranty no matter where you buy them? if so, how long is it?.....replies would be great and hopefully i didnt just waste $200! :nope:

C-los

Chimp
Sep 26, 2005
Outlaws have been great for me. I have 2 sets one was on my old bullit which I used for everything Downhill drops trail riding ect. The new set i got only cause I replaced the Bullit with a VPfree and azonic makes outlaws with 150mm hubs too. No problems so far on that set either (about 4 months old). Shure you still want to try to land drops and gaps as straight as you can but they hold up to me (200lbs with gear) hitting up to 10ft drops to semiflat and I have used them for lots of downhill (mostly rocky) all summer long. They are a good buy for the $$$.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I am in the same boat as you Matrimony, mine are sitting on the floor next to me waiting to be on my build...They seam to be really solid, and a hell of a value...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ive had mine for 2 long trips to Whistler and the Shore and a few times to Fernie Resort and they are solid and straight. I like em.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
I have not riden them much, but the times I have they have been solid. And their light enough to use on a dirt jumper or even a bash around trials bike. Azonic will be keeping the outlaw set up with the same options for 07. However be on the look out for lots of new stuff for 07 from them. www.azonicusa.com

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I had good luck w/ the set of outlaws I had. Strong and easy to true.

sharkdh

Monkey
Feb 12, 2006
in the area
The rear rim split at the seam within 2 weekends.
BUT the Hubs should last a season or 2 or more.
I'll rebuild the rear on a better rim soon enough...
but the price for the set is worth it just for the hubs alone
& the front wheel should last quite a while.
If you are a woman or a small child the rear is perfect.