Quantcast

Azonic Steelhead v. on-one gimp v .243

May 31, 2004
im getting a new bike and its one biek to do it all im gonna be doin some shore and urban
im leanin either towardxs a ss 243 or ageared steelhead whatd ya think???

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I'd say go for the .243 It's incredibly strong, and, in my opinion, the build and finish quality of the .243 are better than the steelhead. I've seen and ridden both frames, and the .243 has a bit lower frame for better clearance. The on-one is right next to the .243, but the frame angles are geared more toward dirt jumping/urban than they are toward shore riding. Just look at what you want to do most. By the way, how tall are you?

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
The 243 is a primo street/jump bike (best geo I have ridden, so I bought one!), and I imagine with some longer forks would be pretty decent as a "shore" bike. The Gimp is a bit slacker and has slightly longer chainstays (which I don't like). I haven't ridden a steelhead though.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Singlespeed DJ3, woo woo. How was your ride on Sunday? It was the first blue sky I had seen for two weeks, albeit on the day I left.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
HRDTLBRO said:
Singlespeed DJ3, woo woo. How was your ride on Sunday? It was the first blue sky I had seen for two weeks, albeit on the day I left.

It was amazing! The weather couldnt have been any better. The trails were actually dry, except for the permenatly muddy spots. Sorry you missed it.