Quantcast

Baby Shrub...Freerider?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
The President kicks ass... he did just what any other rider on the Monkey would do... he got back on his bike after crashing Saturday and went riding Sunday.

But Bush got back on the bike, riding more than 20 miles without falling Sunday, a White House spokesman said. Bush had fallen about 16 miles into a 17-mile ride on his ranch in Crawford.
Riding more than 20 miles with out falling is something a lot of MTB'er wish they could say.

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
people that use any little thing to bash president [insert ANY president's name] are just rediculous.

i saw a message on alt.mountain-bike where some guy complains bush musta been doin laps on the property since it's only 16k acres (or however many it was) and even went so far as to do some research that says the most he could ride in one direction is 1.6 miles.

even if that's true (i didn't do any math lol) - so ? lmao.

hate president [insert any president's name here] cause you are totally opposed to his/her ideals. bashin a person cause he/she decided to go on a bike ride is just juvenile.

cheers =]

:monkey:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
16k acres is a butt load of land....take in to account he probably has it sectioned off and would have to ride across or around things (creeks, rockwalls/cliffs, fence line, etc.) a 17 mile loop would be easy.

but uhh I guess he could only ride around the outside. and never deviate from the edge..... gotta stay the course. :rolleyes:

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
Ok, here is a question? in the statement from the white house, they say;

when he toppled over while riding downhill on what the White House described as soil loosened by recent rainfall.
But when you look at the weather data from crawford, ( link ) , there is 0 percip in the last week. very odd in my book. It rained back on the 14th link.

Now, I know that weather data is taken at certain locations, and it is possible for it to rain in a different area, and not show up in this data, but still, it stikes me as odd.

I don't like bush at all, but I do like the fact that he rides a mountain bike and that he got back up to ride afterwards. I say, lets do him a favor and give him more time to ride :devil:

edit: both of these links are from mcgregor tx, which is about 10-15 miles away I guess.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by brenth

But when you look at the weather data from crawford, ( link ) , there is 0 percip in the last week. very odd in my book. It rained back on the 14th link.

Now, I know that weather data is taken at certain locations, and it is possible for it to rain in a different area, and not show up in this data, but still, it stikes me as odd.

:rolleyes:
Oh **** its a conspiracy.

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
not really, I just think its odd. Its very strange to me. although, I did see some flying saucers and a bunch of free masons chasing them in a red convertible. and they were all headed south.... towards crawford....

I just think its odd, thats all. I just read the line and thought about the fact that it hasn't rained here recently so I looked it up.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN

I just think its odd, thats all. I just read the line and thought about the fact that it hasn't rained here recently so I looked it up.
Well, what's "recent" mean?

And it didnt say, "muddy" so some gravel from a washed out ditch would fit the description they gave, right?

I just think its odd how you're questioning Bush's bike accident.

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Well, what's "recent" mean?

And it didnt say, "muddy" so some gravel from a washed out ditch would fit the description they gave, right?

I just think its odd how you're questioning Bush's bike accident.
recent means two weeks for me. Damn, I guess that means I'm un-american huh? I said before and I'll say again, I think its awsome that he was mountain biking, and that he fell and got back up. and yes you are correct, I would say some gravel from a washed out ditch would be a possiblity, but it seems weird to me that they specifically said that it had rained recently and that it was top-soil that was loose. just say he slipped in some loose dirt.

btw BS, thats a freaking awsome sig, god I love that movie.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Ok, here is a question? in the statement from the white house, they say;

I don't like bush at all, but I do like the fact that he rides a mountain bike and that he got back up to ride afterwards. I say, lets do him a favor and give him more time to ride :devil:

edit: both of these links are from mcgregor tx, which is about 10-15 miles away I guess.
EXACTLY! Man I bet he was abusing some prisoners and got into a scuffle!

:rolleyes:

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Originally posted by T-Dog
Originally posted by ragin-sagin
What an idiot. I bet he was trying to multitask...maybe he was chewing gum.

An idiot because he crashed while mountain biking? Who're you, the only biker to never fall? You're the idiot.
No, just an idiot. You are an idiot too. Idiot. :D

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by T-Dog
Originally posted by ragin-sagin
What an idiot. I bet he was trying to multitask...maybe he was chewing gum.

An idiot because he crashed while mountain biking? Who're you, the only biker to never fall? You're the idiot.
I think he meant he was an idiot before he crashed, not an idiot because he crashed.