Quantcast

Back Flips

JerseyDave

monkey wrestler
Apr 9, 2002
Stowe, VT
Learned back flips into a pond the other day at the SMBC pond Jump Party. Went back up last night and feel like I really have them dialed. Does anyone have any recondations about bringing them to dry land w/o really risking injury. I was thinking bark mulch, or unpacked landing with some matresses. Is 31 too old to learn back flips?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
JerseyDave said:
Learned back flips into a pond the other day at the SMBC pond Jump Party. Went back up last night and feel like I really have them dialed. Does anyone have any recondations about bringing them to dry land w/o really risking injury. I was thinking bark mulch, or unpacked landing with some matresses. Is 31 too old to learn back flips?
Yes it's way too old. Cease all back flips immediately. I have notified the authorities.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Trying to land on an unpacked landing or bark or mattresses would be bad news. Do them into water or foam until you are totally confident you can land it, then do it.

Note: I do not backflip. 31 may not be too old to learn backflips, but 38 is :D

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
You Rock!!! go stick it, and if you come by Bend OR you can use my foam pit. My 29 year old bro has stuck them to mats in the pit. Not me I've tried on skis and don't have the air sense.

JerseyDave

monkey wrestler
Apr 9, 2002
Stowe, VT
I don't know about me rocking, Chase rocks. Or lenowski. Or ebbet. I just wanna back flip. I think I'm gonna try and talk the coaches at Mt. Mansfield Academy into letting me hit their foam pit a few dozen times, then build an identical lip onto a mulch pile. We'll see what happens.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
I can front flip on my feet off a small snow bank, but for some reason I get half through a back flip and I just pause. That has caused 2 concussions on skis.... I guess I just stop looking for the horizon.... If I were you I'd get it dialed on your bike off of a porch in the winter into snow. Unless you are anxious this season, then go with the foam over chips.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
formermtboarder said:
i wish i had a lake jump or a foam pit near me...
o ya harder or easier than 360s?
360's are harder but because you can try them all day without dying, most people think flips are harder. it takes a bit to get your brain to let your body flip upside down. so 360's are harder but flips are more dangerous.