Quantcast

Back from Jamaica/London with pics

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Just got back from vacation. Went to Jamaica for a week with my girlfriend, my best friend and his wife. We had that planned about 3 months prior. Then my girlfriend won a trip to London to see an Usher concert. We got back from Jamaica last Tuesday and left for London that Friday. Got in from London last night about 8pm. Jamaica was a week of swimming, lounging, eating and drinking. All inclusive is nice. London was a lot of walking and riding the tube. Definitely a lot of flying in the last two weeks, but it was worth it. Few pics below, but I will add some more later tonight.

All of us:

The girls:

The gf and I:

Rick's Cafe cliff diving. If you saw the Nitro Circus episode where they dove and rode bmx's off a giant ramp into the water in Jamaica, this is where they did it. The locals are just nuts.

Me jumping from about 35 feet. The locals were jumping from the wood platform in the back, which is probably 50ish feet, as well as from a platform in the tree. You can barely see in the pic, but it's straight up from where my head is in the pic, probably about 80 feet.

Saw this guy right out of the beach in front of the hotel, my gf has a waterproof digital camera that worked out pretty well:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Cool man... always wanted to check out Jamaica. What part of Jamaica were you in? Did you leave the resort at all?

My first pictures of Jamaica are from Hans Rey's Level Vibes... still have that tape!

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Lucky. That sounds like a fun trip or two minus the Usher show. I'm heading out this weekend on a cruise. I can't friggin wait. Been too long since i've had a vacation.

Jamaica looks purdy.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Cool man... always wanted to check out Jamaica. What part of Jamaica were you in? Did you leave the resort at all?

My first pictures of Jamaica are from Hans Rey's Level Vibes... still have that tape!
Lucky. That sounds like a fun trip or two minus the Usher show. I'm heading out this weekend on a cruise. I can't friggin wait. Been too long since i've had a vacation.

Jamaica looks purdy.
We stayed in Negril, which is on the far west side of the island. If it wasn't for the news, we wouldn't have had a clue anything was going on in Kingston. It's about 1.5hrs from Montego Bay, where you fly into. Rick's Cafe was awesome, but other than that I would stay in Montego Bay. It doesn't seem much different to justify driving another hour and half after you land.

Oh...and

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I was at Rick's back in 1991. Stayed at Hedonism II, ahhhhhhhhhhh good times, real good times! :thumb:
Rick's and Mayfield Falls were my two favorites. Instead of taking the tours that the hotel offered, we just took a cab out to Mayfield. It was $15 to get a private guide and he was super chill. We went at our own pace and he showed us all of the interesting features of the falls as we climbed up.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Rick's and Mayfield Falls were my two favorites. Instead of taking the tours that the hotel offered, we just took a cab out to Mayfield. It was $15 to get a private guide and he was super chill. We went at our own pace and he showed us all of the interesting features of the falls as we climbed up.
Cool, a bunch of us had a boat take us there. Lots of Red Stripe was consumed for the 30 minute journey:D