Quantcast

Back in (flat) black. and lookin good too!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
here is my frame before painting. Use sand paper and water to clean it all off. Then soap and water, then steel wool, then soap and water again. Then paper towel dried...

here it is all ready for the can (with my superior masking skills)

Here it is with about 1/2 a can on it... Its still wet

DING! Literally! :p

here it is dried, coverd up the ding nicely...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Ewww...You didn't strip it first? That spraypaint crap is gonna look like crap and not stick to the paint underneath it...

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Why all the hate?

Why would i want to strip the paint from the frame. The old paint is fine, there is no flaking. All the semi gloss was stripped off by all the sanding. I dont see the danger.

J

JRB

Looks pretty good, mack. Don't listen to these cats. Painting your frame is one of the least stupid things I have witnessed you doing. :D

J

JRB

mack said:
Hey, you are the one with the title, Loco. :nuts:

Heil! Heil! Heil!

Loco, the spelling nazi is in command.
For the love of all things holy, stop huffing paint. :think:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Again, you wear levis and cowboy boots.

SkaredShtles said:
And what in God's name was the reason for doing this? :confused:

-S.S.-
Mainly boredome. And the whole inhaling paint thing. :rolleyes:

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
You should get a girlfriend, for God's sake. And someone to proofread your posts......... :mumble:

-S.S.-
Actually, someone should just take his computer.

J

JRB

HRDTLBRO said:
Did you take the stickers off before you painted it?
Do a quick search on his posts, and then ask yourself if you think he is smart enough for that. :think:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
loco said:
Do a quick search on his posts, and then ask yourself if you think he is smart enough for that. :think:
:rolleyes: Smart enough to know not to wear cowboy boots.

And what the hell are you doing at home, it is St. Patty's day for christ sake. Im sure even you wouldnt get thrown out tonight.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
They're not painted on, they are a true decal (like is used on toy models) that is then painted over with clear coat. You should have bondo'd in that dent since you were painting it anyway. I would also recommend semi-gloss black as flat just has that primer look that is a little cheesy, a little gloss makes it look more professional IMO.

Don't know about your warranty status but it would have been worth checking into before diving in...

J

JRB

mack said:
:rolleyes: Smart enough to know not to wear cowboy boots.

And what the hell are you doing at home, it is St. Patty's day for christ sake. Im sure even you wouldnt get thrown out tonight.
I don't wear boots anymore, and I am 33 years old. I got over st paddy's years ago.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
The problem is Loco is 33, and has 6k posts on ridemonkey. Where I am 16 and post on ridemonkey while doing homework and while under the domain of my parents. Loco just doesnt have anything else better to do than to reef on others careless spelling.

J

JRB

wizardB said:
I wear cowboy boots and i ride the shore ! whats the prob wif dat?
Nice first post. You jumped in a good spot. :thumb: Nothing wrong at all.

J

JRB

mack said:
The problem is Loco is 33, and has 6k posts on ridemonkey. Where I am 16 and post on ridemonkey while doing homework and while under the domain of my parents. Loco just doesnt have anything else better to do than to reef on others careless spelling.
How is that a problem??? I got my grammar down years ago. I go to work. I work on bikes. I ride bikes. So I post a little too. What's wrong with that. One day you will thank me for trying to fix your lazy ass grammar.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
mack said:

Why don't you learn how to spell?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
loco said:
Nice first post. You jumped in a good spot. :thumb: Nothing wrong at all.
Newb, is a bad, bad spot. Stay away from the lounge. It is a disease. :nope:

EDIT: Because I dont have to.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
im pretty sure only people who wear cowboy boots spray paint their frames.

atleast that is how it is in my neck of the woods

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
this frame was spray painted for me:

i'm sort of thinking about spraying it flat black, and leaving some pink panels. i don't know.

i like the look of mack's flat black. i can't tell 'cause of the flash, but is it a deep black, or like a charcoal black?

i wore Justin Ropers in pre-school. still have them, too. as well as a personalized jacket from the Houston Stock Show & Rodeo. did i mention the leather belt that has my name branded on it?