Quantcast

Back on a bike. Self preservation be damned.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I like bikes. Maybe I'm an idiot. Maybe I didn't learn my lesson. Either way, bikes are fun and I want to get back out in any capacity. I'm not sure if I'll push as hard, but I just miss being out there. Picked up a gently used Stumpjumper EVO LTD.

Evo.JPG

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Is today your bday?
If so, it is the best bday day. :cheers:
It was Sunday the 24th. Turned 41. I spent my 40th in the neck brace instead of partying with my family and bike trips with my friends. I picked up the bike Friday. Waiting for a new helmet to get here. Ordered another Smith, since it did a seemingly adequate job of protecting my dome the last time.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I test ride every bike I work on. Some I go around the block. Some to the end of the driveway. Some I take to Pinnacle hill for more extensive testing and tuning. 16 bikes in 6 days.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Congrats! as someone who was also off the bike for a period due to broken spine, I fully empathize. I don't have a new bike, but hoping to receive a new drivetrain in the next few weeks. Got my first dirt ride with my buddies last Sunday. Didn't die and felt relatively pain free afterwards, so that's a bonus. welcome back to the land of the living!