Quantcast

Back To Work Tursday

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm in the Walmart because my printer is out of ink and I hear a country cover of Everclear's I will buy you a new life. The idea of a country bumpkin buying a big house in the west hills of Portland is funny to me. Not a bad song to cover, I guess.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My worker is adding up Excel cells on a calculator and entering them into the sheet. I'm not getting involved because all the sudden it's my problem.

At least that is just an incompetent person.

We get regular emails sent to all employees from our IT department for us to take action on one thing or another. They always include complex multi-step instructions of how to navigate to particular websites where the words they use are at best close approximations to what you will find on said webpage, so every employee ends up spending many minutes squinting at their screens, confused, navigating around instead of just clicking a link.

Perhaps someone thinks it is a security problem, but at least have the instructions match reality.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
At least that is just an incompetent person.

We get regular emails sent to all employees from our IT department for us to take action on one thing or another. They always include complex multi-step instructions of how to navigate to particular websites where the words they use are at best close approximations to what you will find on said webpage, so every employee ends up spending many minutes squinting at their screens, confused, navigating around instead of just clicking a link.

Perhaps someone thinks it is a security problem, but at least have the instructions match reality.
Look man... the whole IT dept is high as fuck and the ones that aren't high are the worst ones.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Attempted to work today. Have felt like total shit most of the week. Took NyQuil at 10 am Tuesday and Wednesday. Some folks like day drinking, I prefer day sleeping.

All this talk of skiing almost makes me want to go again. . .

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Actually it was contracted out to Dell who just hires nerdy dropouts for minimum wage who leave as soon as they get enough experience for a real job.
That's funny. I feel like every time I email our Dell sales rep, I always get a reply saying the role has been switched to someone else. I stopped updating our contact list, why bother... :rofl:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i accidentally a new old fork to get my old xc bike running
need to accidentally you that hope hub when i get home...

busy day doing opening stuff for my show here in nashville, press preview, interviews, dinner, talks, schmoozing, etc...now chilling at hotel bar before hitting the sack. hotel is in a beautifully restored turn of the century train station. shot from my seat at the bar:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Well, I had to talk @Nick out of buying some $1800 snake-skin Vans. Mostly because I knew he didn’t have the money after treating us to dinner!
Great to see you two. Thanks so much for the moment of clarity on the MFing ostrich skin sneakers. It was good to see Jackson retail keeping their finger squarely on the pulse of the common man's needs.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Great to see you two. Thanks so much for the moment of clarity on the MFing ostrich skin sneakers. It was good to see Jackson retail keeping their finger squarely on the pulse of the common man's needs.
I don’t know if you noticed, but I could barely bring myself to walk more than 1/4 of the way into the store. Its truly disgusting.
But we do have a TJ Maxx and a Dollar Store, so it’s all good, right?