Quantcast

Backyard stuff

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
So, let's see pictures of your backyard jumps, stunts, or whatever. The only rule is...duh...that it must be in your yard.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
excuse the non MTB context, I haven't had the time, energy or preciptiation to add anything else, but sometime in the fall I'm planning on expanding, I've got a short little DH run mapped out and a couple of rock drops and such, as you can see in the background I've got plenty of land to work with.

excuse the size of the image, I don't have any way of editing/resizing it from work.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Hey, my wheelbarrow is only so big, after digging through decomposing granite for several hours, I only wanted to move as many loads as I had to. Since I just got the BMX bike I wanted to get my feet wet before going huge too. Once it rains a little bit and the ground softens up I'll build bigger stuff.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I've got a big table and I'm building a North Shore ladder drop. Sorry, I don't have a camera though.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
Tully said:
That drop is awesome. Do you have a wooden landing in the summer?

Naw....I took it down once the snow melted. I was going to build a trail with bridges but I never got around to it so all the stuff is sitting in my yard. Part of the reason that it was standing was the frozen ground :thumb:

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
S.G.D said:
those snow jumps are pretty well shaped!

how did they stay together?

~SGD

I braced sheets of plywood up and then used the snowblower to blow snow in them. That and some water and some time to let them freeze and they turn out like pieces of art. The things were cased in ice.....it was so sweet. I also had a big quarterpipe in the back by the boat but I cant find a pic of it.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Here's a couple of the backyard bridges/stunts/jumps. We have more, but I was out of light.

We also have a whole bunch of modular north shore bridges, drops, skinnys & a teeter in the front yard. We've also been tossing around the idea of a dual slalom course or something to go with the trails we have.

The order...A sweet flowing drop that leads into the burm in pic 2 and then down a really steep short decent to the creekjump in pic three. The last pic is actually where one of our other trails starts/ends it's a ramped bridge over the creek that we built to head up the hill.

derrick

Chimp
Nov 16, 2003
North East Mississippi
This my 1st post in the DH room. I don't think my stuff would be considered as DH (I could only wish). But on the Home page, I found B-boys post, asking about his jump building & then found this thread about backyard stuff.
I've been working/expanding my track for over a year now.
I know some of the stuff looks lame & easy, but most of the riders are under 12 yrs old.
Most of the wood is scraps from out of boxcars & scrap pallets from a local business.
http://www.geocities.com/columbuskayakers/bmx.html
derrick

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
derrick said:
This my 1st post in the DH room. I don't think my stuff would be considered as DH (I could only wish). But on the Home page, I found B-boys post, asking about his jump building & then found this thread about backyard stuff.
I've been working/expanding my track for over a year now.
I know some of the stuff looks lame & easy, but most of the riders are under 12 yrs old.
Most of the wood is scraps from out of boxcars & scrap pallets from a local business.
http://www.geocities.com/columbuskayakers/bmx.html
derrick
Sweet :thumb: and it doesn't look lame & easy. It looks FUN!!!! :blah:
We also use scraps and pallets for our stuff :D

derrick

Chimp
Nov 16, 2003
North East Mississippi
Thanks TreeSaw, glad you like the track!
That wooden burm on your trail looks sweet!
I've been thinking about building a burm like that, cause the guy I rent from won't let me have any dirt brought in for jumps & burms.
You got any pics of the burm during it's construction?
derrick

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
derrick said:
Thanks TreeSaw, glad you like the track!
That wooden burm on your trail looks sweet!
I've been thinking about building a burm like that, cause the guy I rent from won't let me have any dirt brought in for jumps & burms.
You got any pics of the burm during it's construction?
derrick
Unfortunately, I don't but I can sk my husband for the details on how he built it if you would like.