Quantcast

Backyard Supercross Course Pics update

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Hey wanted to hit you guys with an update! Some pics of the course - still under construction, but gettin close to finished! Still a little shapin and packin left. Few more Rocks to complete the garden. Finally gettin some Rain to work with.

Got most of the prizes in and I must say it will be very good payback! Checkout the prize list for AM's
I want to thank Eastern Bikes for jumpin onboard with some fat cranks and pedals -
Tifossi is kickin in some shades - Profile Racing sendin out some cranks and components
DerailedOnline.com is also supporting the event - Maxxis sent out several tire sets -
Thomson seatpost and stems - Trek Bikes Mcdonough Sending out some gloves etc.
(Located Hwy 20 beside the Pubix - Right off 75 if you need any bike stuff stop by)

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
I am putting alot of effort into making this dual event how they should be.
I have seen alot of BS efforts put in on dual slalom in the past like it is a sideshow.
But, it always draws the biggest crowds and the lowest payout. Hopefully everyone will
make the effort to come out and support the race. The Pro payout will be 150%
So if alot of people show there will be several Hundy on the line for some top notch racing!
Hope to see yah there - If yah ain't sceered? Hahahahahhahahaahhaha (My evil Halloween Laugh)
Costumes are welcomed! Even if it is a belated Halloweeny!

For Flyer http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189184

Video 06 http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=890878

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
I'm excited Chuck, I'm thinking about swiping my Boss's Talas for the weekend so I can have a more adjustable fork for the race. What kinda prizes we lookin at?
Competitors will have choice by rank and results to the following prizes:
Hoping to have enough people to have PRO - Expert - Novice - Kids - Women classes - $25 entry Kids no charge.
If not we will sign up as stated then combine classes as needed.

Maxxis Tires - Eastern Cranks and Pedals - Profile Racing Cranks and components-
Thomson Seatpost and Stems - Tiffosi Shades - Trek Gear - Derailed Online.com has some garb too!
May have Blue Bicycles demo some xc bikes there and may have a prize or two from those guys.

Pros Get CASH MONEY OOOWEEEH - 150% payback Jack!

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Awesome - Bwaahahahahaaa
More like dueling banjos and rednecks hiding in the woods with crossbows.

Squeeel like a pig boy - Squeal like a pig

You shor do got a preddy mouf boy

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
cool looks like we could use a couple kids prizes.

where did you guys get all the gator horns? was this some collegiate prank
where you guys stole all the Florida teams horns from there bikes at a race?

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Wow! Got out to session some on Sunday with about 8 or 9 others to enjoy breaking in the course.
Pretty dang fun! It was a little soft so the riding broke it in right.
After watching a couple guys at a time on the course, wow, it looks awesome.
Got some gates (poles) to manipulate slightly that should make lanes dead even by race day.
2 guys were hittin everything on bmx bikes- One a twenty and one was a cruiser dude jammin' and jumpin'
- The triple was devirginized, as well as the new line out of the gulley.
Guys were doin' all different options, jumping, manuals, jump to manuals, etc.
It will be a shame to miss this one. I think from the responses given from the riders today,
It would be worth a loonnng drive just to ride here. But, to miss jammin' with a good group here and bust'n out
some great cash and prizes to make it worth the drive! Shiute Maann, Yawl outa cum see us now!

P.S. We discussed how this course has good big bike potential... little pedaling, flowy, pumpy then theres the rock garden...

WE WANT TO SEE A BIG BIKE CLASS!!! SO GUYS WITH 6-7 EVEN 8" BIKES CAN HAVE A GOOD TIME RACING THIS ONE
DON'T MISS IT CAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A LITTLE BIKE! WE WILL THROW YOU IN A 6" TRAVEL PLUS CLASS!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
cool looks like we could use a couple kids prizes.

where did you guys get all the gator horns? was this some collegiate prank
where you guys stole all the Florida teams horns from there bikes at a race?
I brought them from our shop, we had a ton in storage and my boss said we could have them all. I've got close to 15 still, I'll bring them. I'm also gonna bring both my bikes and make a game time decision on which to ride.

Flowtec

Chimp
Jun 25, 2007
gnarnia
yeah, Chuck, dang-awn fun indeed. Clint and i hit it saturday. too bad we didn't have yesterday to hit it, i can only imagine how much faster it was yesterday than saturday. although slightly damp/slow in spots, it was still pretty damn sick. yes, the race should be off the hook.

chuck put a killer course together fo sho:clapping:. yeah, chuck, i too could see a big bike doing aight on the course, especially when it's bone dry.

a "no justice" pic from the top:

tables near the beginning:

another well built "Table by Chuck"

and my favorite spot on the track: left berm to gap/stepdown to stepup

gap to stepdown:

to step up:

and two vids of the step down>step up
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z224/Flowmentum/Chucks track/?action=view&current=chucksstepdowncovid.flv

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z224/Flowmentum/Chucks track/?action=view&current=chucksstepdowncavid.flv

thanks for the dirt work, Chuck :thumb:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
sweet thanks for puttin up some pics of riding, and video of the gulley at the bottom...
I forgot my camera and everyone couldn't stop riding long enough to get some shots.
Looked like you guys got a good bit of runs down the hill. See yah Saturday

Flowtec

Chimp
Jun 25, 2007
gnarnia
no sweat. thanks to you for building the track!

that gulley section's got great flow.

where is the end of the track for the race?

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
His punk ass better show!!

Yeah I think I may have a solution for the sandbaggers....
I will run it by everyone at the race but, I am not aware when that
happens at other races that much, I am usually just worried about me
but,
maybe say if you sign up for Novice and your qualifying time ends up in
the top 50% of a higher class - then seems like you should certainly belong
in that class. Of course there would be no penalty for qualifying slow for a respective class.
So I guess you could try to sandbag the qualifyer, but, that
would be risky business since it may plot you against the other fastest guy first rounds.

GORE809

Chimp
Oct 15, 2007
Beaufort, SC
yeah i hope he comes i got to call him today, but yeah noticed that pretty bad in clemson, cause like the top 3 seemed to be smoking pro times