Quantcast

Bacon Wrapped Dates

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Anyone ever had them? Have a recipe?

I had some the other day and OMFG they are good. Like a little piece of heaven wrapped up in a slice heaven and fried. :drool: The bacony goodness gives way to the sweetness of the date then they all mix together and explode in an orgy of flavor in your mouth.

Highly recommended.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ingredients

1 16-ounce package of bacon (regular thickness-not thick cut), cut into thirds

1 8-ounce package of pitted dates

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Position oven rack in the center of the oven. Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil.
Wrap a piece of bacon around a date. Make sure the bacon seam is placed facing downwards on the cookie sheet. Press firmly on the bacon wrapped date, so it is less likely to unravel. Repeat until all of the dates are wrapped in bacon.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Alison and I prefer medjool dates for this recipe. You'll need to pit the dates before wrapping them in bacon.

Like this?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Try bacon-wrapped water chestnuts some time. :drool:
ugg barf! My wife makes those often when we have parties or go to them. Everyone loves them but me:think: It is the texture of the water chestnut that I dislike. I still eat a few just because there is bacon on them.

I've never had a bacon wrapped date but it has to be sweet chewy salty goodness:drool:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
So you’re probably going to be a little disappointed but don’t judge me. I don’t know how to cook so LSS, it looks like this is going to be a two stager. The really good news is stage one is complete and the shrimp, prescutto and honey dijon mustard is really good! Never cooked shrimps before, evan figured oot how to devein them.

All wrapped up (adding a little dijon between the prescutto and shrimp adds extra flavar!)

Sizzle my nizzle (no I dont own proper cookware or utensils)

All plated up and ready too. Surprising low cal too.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Yeah, I cooked this guy up tonight

Wanted to use bacon.... but seeing how I am only on day three without a gall bladder I think Bacon should wait a few more days...... Wee had a good day fishing today