Quantcast

BAD NEWS: Black Diamond Bike / Backcountry: Closure and Final Sale

T.Rex

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Friends and Others, I’m writing in response to the closure of Black Diamond Bike and Back Country and the Clearance Sale starting at 10:00AM on Thursday, January 21, 2009; everything in the shop is for sale. You will find HUGE savings at this sale; there are new / used mountain bikes and a bunch of very nice road bikes, 29ers, hard tails and commuters. If you have been in Peter’s shop, you’ll know that he has some of the best clothes, accessories and parts; yes, protective gear / helmets. There is hidden a message in this paragraph; let me explain.

I hope what I’m about to say is not taken in a negative way-by anyone. Tell your friends/neighbors about the sale; I hope everyone we know will drop by Black Diamond Bike and Backcountry and share your well wishes with Peter, Janine and Greg. In addition, if there are any snowboard, ski or mountain bike related items you’ve been thinking about buying, please stop by Black Diamond Bike and Backcountry and to see what's in the shop.

For those of “us” on a tight budget, this sale offers huge savings and the opportunity to help closeout the inventory. For those of you who are fortunate enough to be able afford full price, please offer to do so: please lend a hand / share if you can. If you’re not buying anything, please stop by and share your best wishes; they've given us a lot.

For me, the end of Black Diamond Bikes holds greater meaning than just loosing a bike shop; Peter’s spirit and love for the outdoors has become a part of what makes mountain biking such a wonderful experience; I’m going to miss Black Diamond Bikes in a big way.
turtle

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
This majorly sucks-- they are a big part of why I like living here. Having a good shop like them nearby is rare, and I'm still in shock that they're actually closing.