Quantcast

Bad Religion

sod8

Chimp
Dec 10, 2001
Santa Barbara, CA
I just got back from seeing Bad Religion play. My girlfriend got me tickets for graduation. Damn they put on a great show. I was very impressed. I have been a fan since jr. high, but this was the first time I have seen them. Street Dogs (from Boston I believe), despite the awful name, opened for them and also put on a great show.

My ears are still ringing!

Just thought I would share that.

-Shamus

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
sod8 said:
I just got back from seeing Bad Religion play. My girlfriend got me tickets for graduation. Damn they put on a great show. I was very impressed. I have been a fan since jr. high, but this was the first time I have seen them. Street Dogs (from Boston I believe), despite the awful name, opened for them and also put on a great show.

My ears are still ringing!

Just thought I would share that.

-Shamus

I saw them sunday night at the House of Bluse in Anaheim. It was about the 15th or 20th time I've seen them and it was just as kick ass as any other time I've seen them. I keep going because I think It's going to be the last time they play.

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
I saw them at last years warped tour in NYC and they were amazing. I think alot of the younger tour goers were wondering why their uncles were up on stage playing in a band.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
not too many punk bands have people w/ PhD's either (didn't graffin get his doctorate from cornell or something like that, in zoology?). and i recall reading that the guy from offspring's got a degree in virology. is that true? google, show me the way.

sod8

Chimp
Dec 10, 2001
Santa Barbara, CA
Damn True said:
I dig that "Hills of Los Angeles" song on their latest album , is that a cover? It sounds awful familiar.
Not a big fan of that and some of their newer stuff, but I like a lot of the songs from the early to mid 90's.

My ears are still screwed up, that can't be good.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
sod8 said:
My ears are still screwed up, that can't be good.
Ventura Theater is a BAD venue sound wise, gets real loud in there. Usually the buzzing goes away after a few days.....Unless your like me and have permanent hearing damage and always hear a high pitched ring :angry:

Do yourself a favor and get high quality earplugs. They will let you enjoy without the damage.

Ohh yeah, Bad Religion rocks :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Damn True said:
I dig that "Hills of Los Angeles" song on their latest album , is that a cover? It sounds awful familiar.

according to the coversproject.com website, it's not listed as a cover (but the site never claims to be all-inclusive/100% correct). not familiar w/ the song at hand so i can't say.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Greg Graffin always looks like he's signing for the hearing impaired when he's onstage, or at least playing charades.

Good show, though.

MD

sod8

Chimp
Dec 10, 2001
Santa Barbara, CA
Zark said:
Ventura Theater is a BAD venue sound wise, gets real loud in there. Usually the buzzing goes away after a few days.....Unless your like me and have permanent hearing damage and always hear a high pitched ring :angry:

Do yourself a favor and get high quality earplugs. They will let you enjoy without the damage.

Ohh yeah, Bad Religion rocks :thumb:
Yeah, I called my friend who has been to the Ventura Theater a # of times and seen Bad Religion there, and he said the ear plug were not really necessarry. I will definitely have them with me next time. The noise has finally gone away.

Now I am itching to see a good reggae concert. Steel Pulse is playing down there tonight, but I can't make it.