Quantcast

Baghdad Freeride Park!

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
Thanks for paying your taxes guys! Look what your money is doing towards! HAHA, just some stuff i'm building to kill time over here in Iraq. Hopefuly i can meet you all and do some ridding when i get back to Charleston! I'm working on a small road gap, and a step up here soon! more to come..

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Wow...to think if a Democratic politician got hold of those pics.

A real freehuck rider would throw down on that barricade...but I guess being exposed to sniper fire doing turndowns isn't an option.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
Thats awesome! Stay safe.........

Just curious.......how did you get a hold of the bike?
Good question, well, we had this big container thing for "equipment" so I felt my bike was mission essential, so i put it in my bike case, and had it shipped for me for free!! haha.. and shipping cargo is kind of my job, so i guess i have the hook up.

Jun 11, 2004
Good question, well, we had this big container thing for "equipment" so I felt my bike was mission essential, so i put it in my bike case, and had it shipped for me for free!! haha.. and shipping cargo is kind of my job, so i guess i have the hook up.

Definatley essential "equipment!" Smart think'in!

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
Wow...to think if a Democratic politician got hold of those pics.

A real freehuck rider would throw down on that barricade...but I guess being exposed to sniper fire doing turndowns isn't an option.
haha, yes, well years of just going downhills, I never found a jumps to ride, or learn to ride. So I'm still learning how to ride off of anything not a drop. BTW theres a 50.cal just on the otherside of those barriers, so they got my back!

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
ya pansy, armor is like mortar alarms. build some doubles and go big or go home.

whats your MOS

I spent time in AO north
thanks for the kind words! haha, yeah, I did that as a joke. I never wear my level 4 unless ridding around base. I started working on a dubble, but theres always a strong head wind, its only about 3 feet right now, i'm building it up about 2 more feet today, not to mention its like driving a honda civic down a dirt road, needs to be alittle more smooth. I'll put a picture up when i add 2 more feet. I'm a Air transportation guy 2T2, working with cargo.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Great pics BD! And thank you, for your bravery and the service to our country! It doesn't go unappreciated. I meet a lot of soldiers in my line of work and I thank each for there service. They tell me what's really going on over there, so I don't listen to what the media says. The Iraqi people are glad we're there and the media only covers a few people who are making trouble because they don't want it to change. Be safe and when you come home, ride hard and get drunk! :beerjam:

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
Very nice. Glad to see your spending your time well.. i mean working or biking everyone knows biking is the favorable option :) i saw a random video online of a doing some backflips out in iraq too. not sure if he got some random bike or got his own shipped but he had some huge dirt piles to play with.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
it kind of sucks that you can ONLY ride on base 'cause i had a lot of fun exploring okinawa and singapore when i was there. of course, that was back when hucking structures to flat on a hardtail was cool :rolleyes:

any pics of that double you're building?

some O-L-D pics i found of me and one of my buddies doing some old school "deployed urban" back in '00-'01.

how much longer you have in country this time around?

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
any pics of that double you're building?
I wish! i came out about a 2 weeks ago to finish the trany, and the civil Engineers flat'ned the whole pit area. Now its all smooth. I was all kinds of pissed! They were about 5 feet tall. But i was driving around base and i found a 3 foot skate ramp someone build, and there is this hill i'm going to bomb just to say i went "downhilling" in Iraq, haha. I'll try to hit thats stuff up and get some pictures.:busted:

more to come.

I'm going to try to build one more jump before i got, I'm coming home @ the First of Feb.