Quantcast

bake parts

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
I want to know what you all use as far as tubes and brake cables go. I am going to run the bike on the street and drit. I need the cable to work with a Avid BB7 brake.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
when I was running my BB7's I started out with just some bulk QBP derailleur housing and a regular cable. Worked great for awhile, but the ends of the housing start to twist and come apart under the ferrules, so although it keeps it super super stiff when new, you'd have to be replacing it like it was disposable (pretty much is if you can get it for cheap at your lbs though). But I got sick of it after awhile and just went to stock bulk qbp linear housing before finally selling the bike.
IMO I don't like spending the big bucks on all the gimmick housing like nokon and stuff like that. ixnay on the flak jackets and all that jazz too, you're just running straight full-housing all the way back so you don't need fancy mud guards and ferrules and ends, etc, etc...

In my case with discs, I could NOT run any ODSY or Animal/etc. linear housing as it was only long enough to reach V-brake studs (designed with bmx dimensions in mind) and didn't leave enough for slack around the ht if stretched down to disc mounts. This may be your case as well unless your tt is much much shorter than 22"...

now, as far as "bake parts".... that's a whole nutha' story my friend. pyrex can work, and brownies are tastey.