Quantcast

Bakersfield?

xenon66

Chimp
Apr 24, 2005
bellingham
ok, don't laugh...due to unforseen circumstances I have been relocated to the Bakersfield area. I've had a lot of good luck finding cool places and people to ride with in the past on ridemonkey so I am wondering if there are any of you guys that are here and want to build dirt jumps, urban assault, carpool to mountain bike in the LA area (or any other), and just ride in general.

send me a PM or post here.
thanks

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Is silverlake the planned community outside of Barstow, or is there some other silverlake? I guess it doesn't matter much anymore because you're in Bakersfield now.

I don't know if there's anybody who's an active member of ridemonkey from that area. Sorry I'm not much more help.

version_8

Chimp
May 19, 2003
norcal
there are a couple of good dj places already there, only problem is water source and 50's. The bmx tracks are good, especially bakersfield bmx. Good shop in the area is Snider's. I'll be there visiting for a week starting tommorow, pm me if you wanna ride.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I live about 1.5 hours away from Bakersfield; however, I know that there are some pretty good spots close by.

I have heard that there are some good DH trails near the Kern River
Tunnel in Santa Barbara
Bootleg Canyon in Boulder, NV

You figure there is a lot of dirt in Bakersfield, so there is a lot of spots, you just need to find them...

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Mt. Piños is not far away and can be shuttled. Not the most exiting ride, but worth a run.

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
xenon...i'm in the same boat--getting relocated to fresno just up the valley from ya. keep me posted on what you find and I'll do the same--I'm sure both places have decent riding within a bit of a drive and they're not that far apart.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
They just ran a race at the Kern River not too long ago; not too wild, but a fun couse, nevertheless...

I'm sure that there are fun spots out there in Bakersfield, plus you're not too far from some of the spots here in the Los Angeles area...don't forget about Bootleg...

ScarryFast

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
Bakersfield,CA
If anyone needs some trail ideas in/near Bakersfield I'd be glad to point you where to go. We ride every Wednesday night starting at 6pm at Thorner School and heading into the local foothills.There is a ton of riding out there, as gnarly as you want to get, although the urban sprawl is cutting into our area more and more. We usually will get a ride going for the weekend while we are out riding on Wednesday night. Come out, we'd love to have you there...

xenon66

Chimp
Apr 24, 2005
bellingham
Thank for all the replies. Oddly enough i was out riding along the river a week ago and found remnants of a teeter totter and some wooden ladder bridges. Someone out here is building stuff and crappy people are tearing them down. Looks like I got the info i need, thanks.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
xenon66 said:
Thank for all the replies. Oddly enough i was out riding along the river a week ago and found remnants of a teeter totter and some wooden ladder bridges. Someone out here is building stuff and crappy people are tearing them down. Looks like I got the info i need, thanks.
josh, what are you doing this Saturday? I can't make the skyline ride because I have to work. I am riding saturday, though.