Quantcast

Banshee Morphine's and 02 Monster T's?????

segerton

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
Here's the deal. I just picked up a mint, rebuilt 02 Monster T. I'm looking to put it on a hardtail cause I already have a FS trail rig (02 Deelux w/romic & z150). Anyway, if someone has had a Morphine set up like this, please post pics and give me the pro's and cons of this build. Did you run the 24 in the back etc... Was it useless for everything other than hucks? I'm 6ft and I'm looking at a medium.

Please don't just reply with "that's overkill etc if you've never owned the bike with this set up. There's some big stuff where I live and I want a bike that I don't have to worry about. I'm always seeing peeps breaking ****.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I thought it was great - med. morphine/02 monster/24x3.0 rear, 26x2.8 front. I rode it on the trail way more than just "hucking" off of stuff. It was my trail bike for about 8 months. The only reason why I parted ways with it was b/c my buddy sold me a ridge for a good price, i.e. to go to a marginally lighter bike. Still miss the morphine from time to time, especially on gnarly downhill stuff...

segerton

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
Mr Tiles said:
I thought it was great - med. morphine/02 monster/24x3.0 rear, 26x2.8 front. I rode it on the trail way more than just "hucking" off of stuff. It was my trail bike for about 8 months. The only reason why I parted ways with it was b/c my buddy sold me a ridge for a good price, i.e. to go to a marginally lighter bike. Still miss the morphine from time to time, especially on gnarly downhill stuff...
I've seen pics of yours and that's what I'm going for. You still got the wheels?? Was it too raked and what did it weigh?

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll

angles felt perfect...weight (never verified) thought to be around 42-45? Just a great combo IMO...wheels are on another bike

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
I get misty eyed every time I see that fork. Hope she's still treating you well. I've got pics of my BB7 with the Super on it somewhere and although the fork is better for DH by virtue of weight, I miss how the Monster felt when going really huge. (sniffle)