Quantcast

Banshee Rampant

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Anyone have any time on one of these?

I was looking at my previous bikes, used to have a Chaparall. Made me look up their website.

Any of the old problems of too high a ratio on this bike?

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
it looks like an incredibly sick bike. i would love to get my hands on one. but i doubt it would be a good replacement for the chap. it is made to be a 4X/DS/DJ bike. its light and small so it probably wouldn't be that great for anything besides those.

what are you going to be using it for? the rune is probably the closest to the chap in terms of what it was designed to do. the vp4p suspension is supposed to be pretty sweet.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
No, what I was saying was that I used to have a Chap, and it had issues with far too high of a leverage ratio that would cause it to bottom out way too easily.

redride

Monkey
Sep 23, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Banshee's engineering dept. has been completely overhauled from the chapparel days...

The VF4B suspension is really sweet after spending some time on a PYRE and the Legend.

I would actually run the rampant as my do all bike.

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
No, what I was saying was that I used to have a Chap, and it had issues with far too high of a leverage ratio that would cause it to bottom out way too easily.
The suspension has changed alot. i beleive the rampant is a very progressive bike though. with only 4 inches of travel and it being designed to hit some pretty big jumps i believe it ramps up quick.

Again, what would you be using it for? or are you just curious about its suspension?

builttoride

Chimp
Jan 21, 2007
The rampant has a much lower leverage ratio than banshee's of old... infact the whole range does. You shouldn't be at all worried about blowing through travel on the rampant, it ramps up really quickly.