Quantcast

Banshee Scream and Hope Brakes...?

xdbpxd

Chimp
Apr 19, 2005
chico
Im building up my scream right now and i am almost done. Iam trying to install my rear brake. IT is a Hope mono with a 180mm disc. The adapter that i was using on my old Chaparral is interfereing with the installation. The way that the adapter is machined it hits the brake mount. I am running the rear wheel in the middle drop out and there for i am not able to mount the brake in the middle brake mount. is there a special adapter i can get somewhere. Has anyone used hopes on their screams and run in to this kind of problem. It also seems that i am going to need alot of spacers in order for it to be mounted correctly. IS this problem do to the 150mm wheel?? Any help is appreciated.
xdbpxd is online now Edit/Delete Message

xdbpxd

Chimp
Apr 19, 2005
chico
the brake is an 05 or an 06... and the bike is an 04 scream... sorry
Here are some pics of the problem.... with the spacers the adapter still hits the brake mount

Attachments

xdbpxd

Chimp
Apr 19, 2005
chico
HAlf way solved... i rumaged through my spare parts that came with the frame and found a spacer from banshee... is solved the initital problem of the bracket not fitting ... now the adapter fits, BUT i cant secure the caliper to the adapter now because the brake mount gets in the way of the bolt.... see pics?? anyone have an idea of what i should do?

Attachments

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
wow

a mini mono, on a banshee. i'm at lost for words here

edit, looks like you'll have to use it in the longest drop out setting only. have had this happen with other frames and those brakes.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
i had a mono4 on my scream back in the day, and ran into the same problem.

i solved it by getting a DHR and juicys.:clapping:

on a serious note, i used the last set of brake mount holes instead of the middle, and put the wheel in the middle position. not ideal, but there was plenty of pad/rotor contact.