Quantcast

Banshee Scream Sizes?

Anders

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
Carlsbad, CA, USA
im about to order a 2004 banshee scream but dont know what size to get. im currently riding an XXL kona stinky with a 23.9" TT with a 80mm stem. the banshee large has a 23.6 " TT and the huge has a 24.2" TT. im 6'3 and just pass what the site says is for the huge size. but a lot of guys ive talked to have said get the smaller size. any help? im planning on running a shorter stem then i currently have, something like a 45mm. this is driving me crazy :dead:

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Wow...you like your bikes big. I personally am 6'5 and ride a similar fit to you but you need to ride what you like. However to be on the safe side it my be easier to get the large and use your 80mm stem as it would feel close. If you got the huge I think you might be pigeonholing yourself into a bike that fits ... well...huge :)

Again this is a personal thing. I like options and being able to change the bike with a simple stem change would be my choice. In fact, thats what I do with my bighit ;)...

Ronny Grady

Monkey
Oct 20, 2003
I am 6'0" and ride a medium. The bike has a telescoping seatpost that allows you to get that seat up high enough on climbs even with a smaller frame. Having a smaller frame really helps me throw it around more easily.

My suggestion is get the large.

Big E

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Hell Paso Texas
the banshee's run about a size small so even the huge might be kinda small on you. i ride a medium and i am 5'8 and it feels small but i like it. but all in all they are just sweet bikes and you could never break it. oh yeah and thats not just cause im sponsered its really true.

Anders

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
Carlsbad, CA, USA
yes looks like im getting a HUGE tomorrow :love: the seat will be down most of the time, its just the TT length i was concerned about. but seeing as my stinky with its 80mm stem has a longer TT then a HUGE scream with a 45mm stem i should be set :)

Big E

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Hell Paso Texas
you will love the bike. they are just so sexy. and of course the guys at Banshee are just cool as hell. i just hope you enjoy it as much as i have enjoyed mine

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Size wise, I'm 6'0" with pretty long legs and the large banshee I rode felt perfect (the medium I rode felt kinda small), so a huge should be fine for you.

Have fun, a scream will probably be my next bike...

I've got a 19" scream (L ? ) which was the largest size in '03, its 24.2 or something in the TT...anyway centre to centre the seat tube is actually about 16" (lots of seat tube projection above the TT junction), so its only 1" higher in stand over than the 15" model, and it is only .6" longer in the TT than the medium, so I would say you'll probably find it a bit small. I'm only 5'10" or so and my scream fits me fine, and I ride bikes kinda small.....

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I am 6'1" and ride a Huge Scream with a 50mm stem. I used to ride it around as my trail bike, but since getting a Chaparral, no longer need to. I bought the Huge for the longer top tube which I had gotten used to on my previous ride, a 19" Joker. Were it possible at this point in time, though, I would go one size smaller.