Quantcast

banshee Spitfire and CS ponderings

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
Here is mine.

No real significant time on it yet. By riding a bit on it though, it feels more "tankish" that the V1. I also had to "unslack" it to the neutral position. The slackest position was just too much. I mean you must really love slack head angles to ride such a bike with 160mm fork in the slackest position.

- Frame size large but shorter (35mm) stem than my V1 (50mm) large du to a bit longer reach
- Chainguide positioning is wonky due to dropped chainstay.
- Feels much "smoother" when you cycle the rear suspension. Bearings show a significant improvement over the bushing setup on the V1
- The rear Manitou Swinger is really nice, but a *itch to setup due to abnormal amount of knobs to turn.
- Currently setup with a good ol Pike @ 140mm.
- The Banshee seatpost on the V2 is longer than on the V1, thus it is much easier to have good leg extension when climbing. I also have a dropper (Command Post Blacklite) but it's just *ucking useless when it's cold.
- About 32 pounds
I feel the same about Rune. I run BOS suspensions and they work very good. Easy to climb up without a single wallowing. When I run down, they feel pluush like marzocchi. :)

I feel the extra burliness is Worth for the hard tracks as DH. I read article in Dirt, they said that frame is too Heavy. I wouldnt choose lighter unless it is solid CF Construction (at good price of course).

Im pretty happy with the enduro bike. I just need build lighter Wheels and mount 39t in casette to extend range with front single 36t chainring.

To run 650b as only front Wheel would be interesting.

Im still about to explore more of suspension tunning. How do you tune this?

thats my bike :p

Last edited:

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Five is the only considered bike that is actually available. If I buy a Five and a 29er in the same year I think I'd end up having some sort of seizure.