Quantcast

Barabus TKR - - World FASTEST Car

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I just can't believe it'll do 0-60 in under 2 seconds. It looks so, how do I put it, cheap?

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Bicyclist said:
I just can't believe it'll do 0-60 in under 2 seconds. It looks so, how do I put it, cheap?

if you can get race cars to do it, it can be done. question is can it live up to the hype, how safe, and how reliable is it. Oh, and is it driveable by mere mortals.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
The bugatti is a heavy, overcomplicated turd. If all you are after is top speed you are better off with a hennessey venom 1000. This thing has a decent shape but some ugly details, and the staggering lack of specifics on the site makes me suspect that it is far from actaully hitting production, much less hitting 270mph. The Koenigsegg CCR and the Saleen S7are pretty much the sweetest cars out right now in my book, although the CCR needs some downforce to be a really good track car.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Dont get me wrong the Saleen S7's are sweet and fast. If I saw one in person I would be drooling. But I dont find them that appealing. I believe it is too long. That is just my opinion though, I would prefer to have something else.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
TheInedibleHulk said:
The bugatti is a heavy, overcomplicated turd.
Yea, 'cause you could do so much better. The purpose of bugatti is just to prove it could be done. It was and its freakin AWESOME

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
chicodude said:
Yea, 'cause you could do so much better. The purpose of bugatti is just to prove it could be done. It was and its freakin AWESOME
Agreed. Personally I would like to drive it but I dont think I could handle a car like that.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
that engine bay look pretty ghetto for a 440k euros car.
i´d at least expect something like WITHOUT a distribuitor...

i wonder on the traction.. for cars doing less than 5-sec 0-60, traction becomes as important as power, and more so the lower the time...is it 4wd??

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Bugatti Veyron would still kick that thing's ass

and a mclaren F1 is a piece of ****. worst driving super car ever

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i wonder how is the ride on the mclaren.

is it really tight and twitchy? is the steering go-kart-like like an evo?
is the suspension really stiff? like race-car stiff? like ferrari stiff? like amg stiff?
the brakes feel like race-car brakes, warming up included? are they forgiving? ubber-sensitive?

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Echo said:
Most people without a F1 Superlicense would say an F1 car drives like sh!t too.
talking about the street car here buddy. get on track

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
chicodude said:
Any idiot can put a whole lotta power into a car and gear it tall. Dumping alot of horsepower into an engine is not an engineering miracle. Rednecks all over this country do it with little trouble in their novas and chargers every day. The Veyron started with an ugly styling concept that was aerodynamically poor. The handling is crappy, in fact the release was actually delayed becasue the car drove like crap. Like I said, a hennessey venom 1000 actaully goes slightly faster for one quarter the price. It also happens to look and handle better as well.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
TheInedibleHulk said:
Any idiot can put a whole lotta power into a car and gear it tall. Dumping alot of horsepower into an engine is not an engineering miracle. Rednecks all over this country do it with little trouble in their novas and chargers every day. The Veyron started with an ugly styling concept that was aerodynamically poor. The handling is crappy, in fact the release was actually delayed becasue the car drove like crap. Like I said, a hennessey venom 1000 actaully goes slightly faster for one quarter the price. It also happens to look and handle better as well.

You have not a single clue how much engineering went into that car at all do you? There is a huge difference between this car and some hick putting a big engine into his car.

And where is your source for the delay of the release?

Get a clue.

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
chicodude said:
You have not a single clue how much engineering went into that car at all do you? There is a huge difference between this car and some hick putting a big engine into his car.

And where is your source for the delay of the release?

Get a clue.

I agree with chicodude

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
DHS said:
talking about the street car here buddy. get on track
I know. I'm saying that the person who said the McLaren F1 road car drives like sh!t would probably think an F1 race car drives like sh!t too. And since neither you or I have ever driven either car, this whole conversation is silly :p

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
no F1 cars are handle amazingly well. its just facts. the Mclaren Road car handle like ****. its a fact.

but also saying this fight thread over which car is faster is pretty pointless cause none of us have ever driven any of these cars anyway

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
DHS said:
no F1 cars are handle amazingly well. its just facts. the Mclaren Road car handle like ****. its a fact.

but also saying this fight thread over which car is faster is pretty pointless cause none of us have ever driven any of these cars anyway

Not a fight, a debate..... :clue:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
DHS said:
the Mclaren Road car handle like ****. its a fact.
Is it?

Well I don't know about you guys but if I had the kinda money for a supercar, I'd just get an Ariel Atom w/ a supercharged Civic motor and a house.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Bicyclist said:
Well I don't know about you guys but if I had the kinda money for a supercar, I'd just get an Ariel Atom w/ a supercharged Civic motor and a house.
I with you. A lotus exige with a toyota 1ZZ turbo or supercharged motor swap would be on the list as well. The Ariel is awesome, but I like to go sliding around in the snow sometimes, might get chilly. If you really need to go stupid fast theres always a Z06 for 65g. Saw one today in the titanium silver color, beautiful.