Quantcast

Bare hands & grips

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
For those of you who ride gloveless, what is your grip choice?
I really like the Sunline twisted waffle grip lately, before that I ran ODI Intense lock-ons for ages, I started getting weird blisters on the webbing between my index finger and thumb from the grip flange.

Weird I know and probably could be fixed by simply moving my hands more outside, but the Sunline grips solve the problem for me. My only complaint with them is the endcap seems to remove itself fairly easily if you catch it on a tree or what-have-you.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I run gloveless every now and then. I like to switch it up.

I have been running the sunline half waffle for both gloved and gloveless riding this season and they work great. Plus they are only 90g.

nugget

Monkey
Jul 4, 2006
somewhere near a town
Used to use the ODI ruffian however those are hopeless if your grip gets wet for whatever reason.. Recently tried the Deity Lean grips. Bought a set for all my bikes. Nice and soft and still grippy in wet! Gloveless all the way. :)

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
Yeti ODI lock on's. The raised bits are nice & squishy & they seem to be very grippy indeed.

Rode my girlfriends bike in the Alps for a couple of runs with Ruffians on & they felt awful gloveless. No give at all & felt like they were tearing my hands to shreds.

Oury's felt nice too, but not too sure on the wet weather grip on them...

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I don't ride gloveless, but as someone with XL hands I'm not sure why I've been running skinny Ruffians for so long. Thought it'd make sense to try a fatter grip, and loving the Rogues I have on now. At first I was a bit concerned, felt like I didn't have much control in the carpark test due to my fingers not being able to wrap as far around, but as soon as I got on the trail I loved it, feels a lot more "solid".

SlackBoy

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
Just cos your a kiwi Damo, doesn't mean you have to run gloveless.

In fact it's gonna be funny at nats, when all those gloveless racers HAVE to wear gloves

Go get some ESI foam grips, or a mushroom style if you sweat lots

FNF

Chimp
Oct 26, 2007
I run Odi Xtreme lock on's, there amazing gloveless, feels like your hands stick on the grip there so tacky. Seem to last quite long though and because they be grey not black you don't get dirty coal miner hands after a ride.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I don't ride gloveless, but as someone with XL hands I'm not sure why I've been running skinny Ruffians for so long. Thought it'd make sense to try a fatter grip, and loving the Rogues I have on now. At first I was a bit concerned, felt like I didn't have much control in the carpark test due to my fingers not being able to wrap as far around, but as soon as I got on the trail I loved it, feels a lot more "solid".
Its all about the ODI Rogues!!!!

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Really worn out sunlines are definitely my top pick. BMX grips will always begin to slip, and when they slip then you grip harder and then your arms hurt.

TomBigmac

Chimp
May 31, 2009
I've been running these for the last couple months, love them, gloved or not and even over my old Longnecks.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I have 17 pairs of the Yeti ODI grip that have been sitting in my garage for a while. I've trimmed the logos down and will try them out today in Pila.

I'll let you know...