Quantcast

Barf, Demo 7 Version 1.0

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South

Another PLP production out for a test and tune. It will get some changes, cut down bars, new wheels and ti spring.

I put her on a, cough, semi accurate scale and she came in around 39 and a 1/4. Thats with XC 2.4 tires, tubes and some ti parts. Im ordering a 500 ti spring to replace the steel 450 thats on there now.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Do yourself a favor and rattle can that bish.

puttsey

Chimp
Apr 28, 2007
Specialized ruined this years demos with their awful paint. I liked the argyle idea, but when its only on some specific parts of the bike it looks lke some cheap sticker set from walmart.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
I thought everyone knew that the paint was ugly when it came out so why do we have to discus it again. The guy has a bike that he wants to ride get off his back.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
so quick little question. why do you want to replace your wheelset. i mean I9's are well perfect. i mean horrible paint aside it is deffinatly a killer setup.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
So are the 'tattoo' parts stickers or paint? I never heard for sure.

EDIT: also, while the demo 7 is the topic of discussion...I was wondering some pros/cons are in relation to the SX Trail, especially now that I see the weight of the demo?

NapalmCheese

Monkey
May 16, 2006
Los Gatos
I'd rock the tattoo bike just to piss people off.

Then I'd get matching stickers for my helmet and patches for my clothes just for good measure.

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
i love the paint job. not really the actual graphics but the idea is sick. just like the new unincs. everyone hates em but i love that.

toothless

Chimp
Dec 8, 2002
Those I9's are the nicest set I've seen. If you have a theme you may as well go balls out on it I guess. I vote this bike the nicest build of the year, just on the sheer craziness of it. It looks like the bike someone with synaesthesia would ride. And by the way, its "eunuch", though I still can't tell what "unincs" is meant to be? Anyway, down with unincs and the people who love them! :shakefist: You kids and your crazy slang. Cheers.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
And by the way, its "eunuch", though I still can't tell what "unincs" is meant to be? Anyway, down with unincs and the people who love them! :shakefist: You kids and your crazy slang. Cheers.
Ahh yes. A voice of wisdom. A man who knows the proper spelling of "eunuch" through years and years of practice, and countless forum references. My hat is off to you.

From what I can tell a "eunich" is a newly evolved and heavily mutated winged mammal, living mainly in southern England and Whales. Or...a guy with no jewels. Reports vary. Either way it has lots to do with carbon DH bars (which are needlessly sketchy, by the way).

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Agreed. So are all the Demo 7 Tatoos exactly the same or do they move around the placement of the decals for each frame? The Demo 7I's have "scratches" under the clear coat that are different for each bike.
They are all in the same place. I was hoping they would be different but alas they aren't.

Oh, and they are painted on, no stickers/decals.

jeff da grom

Monkey
Apr 20, 2007
Long Island
as i said before... i think the frame is awesome... now that i've seen the new wheels... i like it even more... nice build.

and bravo for actually going through w/the ugly trend.,

let me know how it rides... it was between that and an sxt... i went w/the sxt because i do mainly freeriding and have to pedal... let me know though