Quantcast

bars/stem help

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
i have a kinda "ghetto" setup which im not sure is even ok but its workin, what bars or stem can i do to acheive same height without retarded looking spacers

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
This proves the need for the existence of a cool 4" rise 2-piece bmx/mtbmx cruiser bar.

I just tried to bid on some Supercross 4 1/2" rise bmx cruiser bars on ebay...but my paypal account was expired and it takes like 3+ days to set up a new one (for them to confirm the credit card....)

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
jesus why that much height and a tall fork? imho that looks retarded and probably rides like ****.

best bet would be to get some 3+ in rise steel bars (nem pro weezy's, ns's, etc) and something along the lines of a fit drop stem flipped up??

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
jesus why that much height and a tall fork? imho that looks retarded and probably rides like ****.

best bet would be to get some 3+ in rise steel bars (nem pro weezy's, ns's, etc) and something along the lines of a fit drop stem flipped up??
i dont mind how it rides, i like the height and it works out well for turndowns.
looks less goofy in person.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
have you tried riding it with some of the spacers above the stem temporarily... just to get a feel about how it will ride with the bars in a more "normal" position?

Yeah - check out a 3" or 3.5" rise bar, and I suggest slamming the fork to 3" or 2" if you haven't already.

If your steerer is aluminum, be careful... they can snap if you run a lot of spacers like that and take a big digger

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
on my 22.5"tt mob... my bb is 12 5/8" off the ground (from center of crank bolt) and 38 7/8" from center of handlebars right at the brake lever area to the ground... it feels perfect.... (weirdly enough my hip bone is also between 38" and 39 from the floor). it's the best bike i've ever had and the only one i can truly say feels natural jumping. i wish i'd had it 15 years ago.

every person is going to need a different setup that feels right!!!!

that's what burned me out so much after 20 years of riding 20" bikes--the idea that everyone had to fit on (basically) the same tiny bike.... sure it looks cool for tall dudes like doyle to be hunched and tweaking dive 360s .... look at the ratio of body size to bike and it's like a 5'6" pro (aitken? corey martinez?) riding a 16"/18" pit bike....

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
wont be slamming the fork-its difficult enough riding it as it is. (im a fully kinda guy) its my first hardtail and im very happy. in the future i may consider it but for now i need to find a bar that isnt "small" lookin for 3-3.5 risers? anybody know of any

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
wont be slamming the fork-its difficult enough riding it as it is. (im a fully kinda guy) its my first hardtail and im very happy. in the future i may consider it but for now i need to find a bar that isnt "small" lookin for 3-3.5 risers? anybody know of any
yeah... Nemesis Project 3.25"rise Weezy bars. They're on eBay right now. They have 22.2 (bmx size) clamping area, so you'll probably need a new stem.... (although i think there might be shims available??)...

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
a certain 24" street rider from nyc is coming out with some bars soon, a little birdy told me. 3.5" rise.

Last edited:

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
You could get Chris @ Thick to make you some custom bars. Won't be cheap but they will sure be strong.