Quantcast

Batch actions in Photoshop...some halp?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I think I've finally nailed down my workflow, but I'm running into an issue with saving. I import straight from my cards into Lightroom (in RAW), do any edits there, then if I'm putting them online, export to Photoshop to resize/border/save. However, I can't seem to get an action for saving how I want down. Usually all I do is convert to .JPG and add a "b" to the end of the filename to designate it. However, PS won't do that...in the batch tool, I have the option to save after an action, but it won't let me change the filetype, so it saves as a .TIFF. If I try to create an action specifically for saving, it will try to save as the exact filename I specified when recording the action.

Can any photo/GD monkies offer any help/suggestions? It's not really a problem when I'm only pushing a 20 photo set, but when I've got 150 I need to post to a private gallery for a client, it's an issue and a huge time waster.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
You could designate it to save to a separate folder and then just use a file renaming application to add to the name as wanted.