Quantcast

Battery needed for my digital camera

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Where do you all buy batteries for your electronic gadgets? I need a NB-5L lithium-ion battery. I just bought a camera and I like to have two batteries. I've read reports online about some of those generic batteries leaking and killing the piece of equipment. There's got to be a cheaper alternative out there than the $50-$60 Canon brand that is of similar quality. I found an $11 one at batteries.com but the reviews I've read about that place scare me.

Should I take it to ridefoto, n00b? :picsstfu:

splat

Nam I am
I have gotten several Generic Batteries for my canon off of ebay , of the 4 batteris I have gotton only one has had any issues ( after a year of use doesn't hold a charge as long as I woud like ) and doing a quick search you can get them for under $15 shipped

Here is a 2 pack for $11 shipped

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
check onecall.com That is the online sister to Huppin's here in Spokane. I bought a spare for my Canon and I'm thinking it was less that $30. They will also price match.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Should I take it to ridefoto, n00b?
Add a camera forum dude. You know you want to. So does BV. Do it.

Seriously though, there is a Computer forum on RM that gets maybe a little more traffic than a camera forum would. And who the FVCK wants to hang out in a Graphics infested wasteland like RF?

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I've had good luck with my generic battery it's a BP-511 that has been around for a long time and used in many different cameras so I guess the generic manufacturers worked out the bugs.

I'd be all over a photography or cameras forum, but really most of the photo geeks frequent the tech forum enough and the tech forum gets so little traffic that it seems pretty appropriate to leave things the way they are, maybe rename the tech forum "tech (including cameras)."