Quantcast

bb7 review

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
so i took my bb7 for its first real ride today. this bike friggin rocks! it feels weird jus pedaling around in the parking lot but once you get up to speed it just rides like its on rails. the slack headangle makes it super stable but somehow its still quite agile. it seems the faster you go the better this bike handles. i was amazed. its night and day compared to my old bighit. so much fun...well till i blew my rear hub. one of em had a bighit setup exactly as mine used to be so it was pretty much a direct comparison. and i didnt ever notice the 24" rear ontil today. and the other was an intense m1. i liked this one much better. but it didnt feel as smooth as the bb7. the super low standover was great too. so the balfa bb7s a great bike. i love it. best dh bike ive owned. :D :heart: heres some pics.
http://www.ridemonkey.com/mountain-bike-photos/showphoto.php/photo/1716/sort/1/cat/500/page/1
http://www.ridemonkey.com/mountain-bike-photos/showphoto.php/photo/1717/sort/1/size/medium/cat/500/page/1
http://www.ridemonkey.com/mountain-bike-photos/showphoto.php/photo/1715/sort/1/size/medium/cat/500/page/1

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
I went from a bighit to my bb7 too, same thing. It feels like a pig when you're sitting in the parking lot, but once you get going....oohhhhh man. So sweet. Fast as hell, very fun to ride.

-Adam

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
insanely fast. and smoother than the bighit. i am tired as hell from today as i havent ridden dh since the end of november. im so happy though it felt good to get back in the saddle and rock some dh. the travel feels endless too. its smooth off evrything

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Deep in Cider said:
Very nice...

I loved my bb7... up until the point it busted my elbow... :D
fear not Deep one, she has a good home still, just not yours. i ride the hell out of her every chance i get. definitely more bike than i need for the way i ride, but i LOVE it to death :heart:

keep the balfa dream alive. with another year or two they should be able to get the chainline/tire clearance issue figured out, if they don't close the doors :nopity:

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
mandown said:
fear not Deep one, she has a good home still, just not yours. i ride the hell out of her every chance i get. definitely more bike than i need for the way i ride, but i LOVE it to death :heart:

keep the balfa dream alive. with another year or two they should be able to get the chainline/tire clearance issue figured out, if they don't close the doors :nopity:
Yeah, if only the BB7 had a 150mm hub. Chainline and tire/guide clearance is the only gripe I have with my BB7. Other than that it's perfect!

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
lefty yeah that is my gf. man im so pissed right now i cant go up to the fontucky race. dammit. oh well. hey i got a lil play in my suspension and i was wondering if anyone has run into this prob before. its like i can push it down a lil with no resistance and then the shock starts working. its weird. evrything seems tight so i think it might be the shock. any suggestions?