Quantcast

BBTC in the Seattle Times

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
All good stuff. Any good exposure is great for the sport. The Seattle Times has really been good to the BBTC concerning this and other issues over the years. I think this is either the 3rd or 4th Boot Camp aritcle over the years. Plus, around '99 there was an Evening Magazine video piece as well. That really bumped up participants for that year's sessions.
We're everywhere Heidi, even coming to the woods near you....

Thanks Evil B and the others for their stint in taking time with the beginners. It's a really fun and rewarding time.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Cool. Thanks!
We should still be good to stay away from it next Saturday.
Need info offline on Skyliners/Tumelo Creek, and how far up Mrazek we can get.

BTW: Back on thread. Boot Camp rules!
bigger logs, a teeter, adjustable wheelie drop platform, and some skinnies are next.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Borneo said:
BTW: Back on thread. Boot Camp rules!
bigger logs, a teeter, adjustable wheelie drop platform, and some skinnies are next.
Stay tuned.......more progressive stuff in the works.......alternate locations to expand into other untapped areas.......one new location that's possible out by Lake Stevens (ssshhhhh) may even allow a Techinical Skill Center and trials with "Technical Trail Features" by design are possible, maybe even a MTX course of limited elevation. This is all early on but stay tuned for updates and the need for some warm bodies to build some trails and..........:think: :think: :think: :evil:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
One other thing is the BBTC is also doing a series of classes for the Girl Scouts too. The first one was last Saturday, and it turned out to be real good. Fun times!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Yep, I know a of a few that you speak of Bob.
I've walked one site a 25 minute drive from my place and the possibilities are real good. Also, some here know about another great opportunity coming up for "TTF training grounds" on your way over the pass. All good stuff. The tide is turning and the HOHAs (Hateful Old Hiker Associations) are probably squirming real good. All the more reason for other places like Marginal and SST to be on the up and up as much as possible. No need to give the anti-mountain bike folks any ammo.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm just glad they put Lisa on the cover of the paper instead of EvilBob otherwise nobody would have bought the rag.:evil: :monkey:

Seriously though cool stuff on both ends. Getting people confident on bikes and gettin pub is good.