Quantcast

BCS game..

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
So it turns out Florida will take on Ohio St. anyone got a take on this?

Im gonna have to say Ohio will win it.

also were state champs again wooo:banana:

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
im not too excited about the national championship game. it doesnt look as if florida will be able to compete with ohio state. although, the USC vs. Michigan game will be great.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Reminds me a lot like 1996! Don't count the Gators out. We have been underdogs in almost every big game this year and some how (I accept lucky at times) have come out with the win.

For all the "M" fans, sorry, but

1) You had your chance
2) Your conference should have a championship game

Ohio State scares me, but dang if I wont be drunk and watching!

Go Gators!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Has a school ever had the basketball champs and football champs in the same year? That must have happened before.
Would this be the same year? Or is it like the Tiger slam?

Does it matter?

I hope Chris Leak throws for 500 yards and 6 TDs and then flips off the Florida fans as he smashes the Championship trophy on the 50 yard line over Tebow's head.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I hope Chris Leak throws for 500 yards and 6 TDs and then flips off the Florida fans as he smashes the Championship trophy on the 50 yard line over Tebow's head.
It would be over Urban's head. Leak is the man, as Tebow will be. You can see the difference when Urban lets Leak run the offense a little. He drops back, reads defenses and passes efficiently.

He came to UF with a mission, lets see if he can do it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Would this be the same year? Or is it like the Tiger slam?
I don't know, is this the same year, or is the hoops title considered "last year"? Hmmm....I guess the hoops title was the previous school year. It's the same calendar year though. I dunno. Rex Grossman and Jay Cutler sucked yesterday.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I would have liked to Michigan vs OSU on a nuetral field and see an epic game.........Florida is going to get crushed.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I would have liked to Michigan vs OSU on a nuetral field and see an epic game.........Florida is going to get crushed.

Wasn't USC supposed to Crush UCLA? Wasn't Ohio State supposed to get crushed by Miami in 2002?

This is why they play

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Wasn't USC supposed to Crush UCLA? Wasn't Ohio State supposed to get crushed by Miami in 2002?

This is why they play
USC is a team of freshman and first year starters.....Michigan is a team of Beasts on both sides of the ball.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
im not too excited about the national championship game. it doesnt look as if florida will be able to compete with ohio state. although, the USC vs. Michigan game will be great.
Just to throw it out there, but Cal is going to the Rose Bowl. USC did not win the Pac-10 title.:biggrin:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
DAMMIT!!! Cal already accepted the Holiday Bowl last week!!! Mutter mutter swear swear.

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
Just to point out....last year, everyone anointed USC as national champs in early December and were trying to figure out where they were ranked on the all-time list.

UT then proceeded to beat them.

I attended a Big Ten school and will root for OSU, but I think the gators have a pretty good shot.

I'll also add in that the BCS sucks, but I'm glad UF got the nod over UM. UM had their shot and they lost. We already know they are not the #1 team. Let's give somebody else a shot.

Besides, how convinced are you that OSU and UM are #1 & #2. Neither has played a lot of out of conference BCS foes. Sure, OSU played UT (first game of the season and UT had a new QB) and UM played Notre Dame (highly over-rated, IMHO), but that's not exactly a great gauge. The Big Ten is down this year, but how far down are they? Did OSU & UM just play a lousy schedule?

Bring on a 4 (or 8) team playoff. That would be awesome.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Besides, how convinced are you that OSU and UM are #1 & #2. Neither has played a lot of out of conference BCS foes. Sure, OSU played UT (first game of the season and UT had a new QB) and UM played Notre Dame (highly over-rated, IMHO), but that's not exactly a great gauge. The Big Ten is down this year, but how far down are they? Did OSU & UM just play a lousy schedule?
The whole set-up sucks......and until theres a playoff people will have theese stupid debates......when there's a playoff it will be a gigantic event, bigger than even the Basketball tourney....

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
now Michigan is all whiney little babies... wahahahaha.

Some are saying that it's wrong for keeping MI out. Well, wouldn't it be just as wrong to keep UF out?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
no, it wouldn't be wrong?

As in, it would ok if UF wasn't playing and people should keep their mouth shut about it?

Didn't UF play a harder schedule?

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Did anyone else go to the Florida-Arkansas game on Saturday? The Gators did not look good, even considering they were pretty much playing a home game. Watch the Gators hang around for the first half and then get crushed in the second.

45-28 OSU

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Did anyone else go to the Florida-Arkansas game on Saturday? The Gators did not look good, even considering they were pretty much playing a home game. Watch the Gators hang around for the first half and then get crushed in the second.

45-28 OSU
Surprisngly I have watched every Gator game this year. Guess what? That's how they have looked in every game they have played.

Close games, good defense, incredible special teams, a little luck and an offense that only seems to score when they really need to.

Who knows, we may get blown out, it maybe close and we get another "lucky break" and win, but we still deserve to be there.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
the winner of the USC/ UM game should play the winner of the UF/ OSU game.

damn it was nice watching #2 tip then intercept Booty's pass.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
No good... then LSU'll be upset.

... and USC just seems to have a thing with losing to obviously inferior teams in Pasadena...
You really don't heare LSU b1tching. And the reason is simple. The SEC already has part of the "playoffs" and that is the SEC Championship game. If every major conference had a Championship game it would of made this year clearer. OSU and MI would have had their rematch in the Big 10 Championship game. In addition it would also make for a easier pitch for the +1 playoff system.