Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
got an email form active.com today
registration is open!!

It's time! Another year has flown by! The 2nd Annual Beacon Blowout DH
Race is now open for online registration. The event is scheduled for
05/20/07, so mark your calendar and register today at:

http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1433935

i know i asked before but, can you get year long licenses on site? i called Bicycle Butler and asked and the guy said he wasnt sure, but he didnt think so.

thanks
Eren

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Nice should be another good time at beacon. I have a question though, what class should i race. im a good rider but this will only be my second race. so sport, expert, pro, beginner? what do you guys think. my first race was at beacon 3 years ago i think and i raced beginner and was like 10th or something

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
Nice should be another good time at beacon. I have a question though, what class should i race. im a good rider but this will only be my second race. so sport, expert, pro, beginner? what do you guys think. my first race was at beacon 3 years ago i think and i raced beginner and was like 10th or something
my guess would be sport. its cheapest (doesn't require yearlong liscence)

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Sorry about not beating Eren to the punch posting it. I had some niggling details I was waiting to hear back from Eric on and wa holding off today. I promise to post it all up tomorrow morning before I leave for Bellingham.

Yes, it is on! May 20; practice Sat/Sun. Same course as last year. I have an 8½x14 flyer with mail-in entry (PDF with fill-in fields), an 11x17 poster to go to your shop and, of course the Active.com registration. IF YOU USE ACTIVE THIS YEAR YOU WILL SAVE $2 OFF THE MAIL-IN COST. We really want to get more people to take advantage of the onlibne entry.

Also, please PM me with the e-mail address of your local shop so that I can send out info. I know some of the usual suspects (Bike Works, DH Zone, Fanatik, Fluidride) - - but there are others I'm sure; I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks!
Doug Minor
Publicity / Media Relations
2nd Annual Beacon Blastoff & WA State DH Championship

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
I raced Beacon a few years ago when it was a WIM race and the course was down the section with the "camel humps;" will it be the same trail or a different one? When I raced they said there was two courses so I was just wondering.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I raced Beacon a few years ago when it was a WIM race and the course was down the section with the "camel humps;" will it be the same trail or a different one? When I raced they said there was two courses so I was just wondering.
It uses the upper part of the 'new' course then crosses over before the sand jump and camel humps and continues down the 'old' course.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Answer to the license on site question: Yes, you will be able to purchase a yearly license on-site. BUT, I beg of you to do it online through USA Cycling. There is a way to get an expert license, it requires a few hoops, but please please please just do it.

If you can't do it online here will be the rules for purchase on-site:
1. exact cash only (the dumbest way to pay for it because if USAC "misplaces" your paperwork, you could be screwed.
2. check made out to USA Cycling.
3. Annual licenses available for purchase ONLY ON SATURDAY during practice.

Thanks in advance for cooperating with us on this. Buying them online saves us from having to do the "really fun" paperwork, and we don't have to follow up if USAC doesn't do their part, which would "never":plthumbsdown: happen!

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
USA Cycling License = NORBA License? So is that my NORBA number? Yes, I know its not my Plate number...that would be funny.... Now comes Matthew number 829992663 through the finish... Ha Ha Petr lets hear you say that.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
Answer to the license on site question: Yes, you will be able to purchase a yearly license on-site. BUT, I beg of you to do it online through USA Cycling. There is a way to get an expert license, it requires a few hoops, but please please please just do it.

If you can't do it online here will be the rules for purchase on-site:
1. exact cash only (the dumbest way to pay for it because if USAC "misplaces" your paperwork, you could be screwed.
2. check made out to USA Cycling.
3. Annual licenses available for purchase ONLY ON SATURDAY during practice.

Thanks in advance for cooperating with us on this. Buying them online saves us from having to do the "really fun" paperwork, and we don't have to follow up if USAC doesn't do their part, which would "never":plthumbsdown: happen!
is this the same license used at hood races and willamette?

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
is this the same license used at hood races and willamette?
Don't think so unless that's changed. That was an OBRA license; though as I recall it seemed like you had to have both - - which always sucked IMO. may be one reason I haven't done Oregon races yet. I was sick to death of that with NMA and AMA in Washington back in the day.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
ok, so word is you need a norba and an obra, obra for wilamette and spring thaw in ashland, and a norba for hood, jeezus, f*cking dumb.

oh, and norba for beacon of course:biggrin:

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
ok, so word is you need a norba and an obra, obra for wilamette and spring thaw in ashland, and a norba for hood, jeezus, f*cking dumb.

oh, and norba for beacon of course:biggrin:
Everyone should just go to NORBA, wouldn't that be nice, actually making it easier for us for once.....LOL. Just a dream I guess.