Quantcast

Bear hunting - a story

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
So my wife's step dad is a big huntin' n' fishin' kinda guy. He's specifically into bow hunting. His familiy owns some land (near Seattle) and he will sometimes hunt on it. (Deer elk bear). He almost always hunts alone because he has "his way" of hunting. As an example, he was tracking this bear, waiting to get a clean shot. The thing wanders into a clearing. "What luck!" he thinks. He readies himself....the bear then begins to rubs its head on a rock, then it flops over on its side.....and goes to sleep, with its head propped on the rock like a pillow. Apparently not a very smart bear.

Vince couldn't bring himself to take the shot. He told some of his hutning buddies about the episode and they all thought he was crazy for letting it go. "A bear's a bear!!!"....which is why he prefers to hunt alone.

I guess Vince is getting soft in his old age...

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
lol....does it really make a difference whether it's sleeping or standing there eating berries off a tree? If you are hunting for meat, I'd think a sleeping animal would make it easier to get food on your plate.
how many people do you know hunt bear with the main thought of eating it? :bonk:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Broken Spoke didn't specify that he was hunting bears. And hunting just for the sake of killing is ghey.
but he also never specified that he ate the animals that he kills.

i have heard of this former special ops guy who used to "hunt" animals with a camera. basically all of the interesting parts of tracking them, but without the boom boom part.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Last time I was gonna go a-huntin', I drived up the road and saw a sign that said 'bear left', so I went home.