Quantcast

bearing size for sunday frame?

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
hey
I want to put new bearings on my 2 years old sunday.
can someone please write the size of theme ?

thanks

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Come on, you have been around here long enough to know where the Sunday thread is..........

try page one, or just maybe you could look at the IH home page........

or you could look at enduro's site as they make the 'MAX' bearings as well as the one propietary bearing at the forward lower link pivot.

Last edited:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
.........Sunday thread..........

page one, .....

Ummm wow..........

I dont know how to make this more available....middle of the page in large bold letters, it says ".....schematics and part #s'..."

the exact same document is right on the IH page

Or again, Enduro has the entire 'frame bearing kit' for the Sunday listed plain as day on their site.....

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
I just did this the other day, but if these options are not appropriate to you you can always consult the IH Sunday thread at the top of the forum. You can either order them directly from IH (Find the CS number on IH's website). Carl's extension is 214 and he is always good at taking care of business OR you can go directly to IH's bearing manufacturer (www.enduroforkseals.com) and they have an option for the Sunday bearing kit.

CarlE

Monkey
Jan 7, 2008
Long Island, NY
I just did this the other day, but if these options are not appropriate to you you can always consult the IH Sunday thread at the top of the forum. You can either order them directly from IH (Find the CS number on IH's website). Carl's extension is 214 and he is always good at taking care of business OR you can go directly to IH's bearing manufacturer (www.enduroforkseals.com) and they have an option for the Sunday bearing kit.
It sounds like he's looking for just bearings which we don't do. We would have pivot kits in stock and he can certainly contact us if he's looking for a complete pivot kit. Enduro is the way to go if you just need bearings. The Sunday uses 6902 Max-Extended x2, 6902 2RS x2, 608 2RS x2, and 6903 Max-Extended x2 if you're international and want to order through a local bearing distributor.

-Carl

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
thanks guys
we have here a bearinggs shop
so I just have to tell the man there this?
6902 Max-Extended x2
6902 2RS x2
608 2RS x2
and 6903 Max-Extended x2

??
I was thinking that I have to tell him sizes.. no?

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
so the guy at the bearings shop will know what I meen when I tell him I want:
6902 x2
6902 2RS x2
608 2RS x2
and 6903 x2

?

thanks

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
so the guy at the bearings shop will know what I meen when I tell him I want:
6902 x2
6902 2RS x2
608 2RS x2
and 6903 x2

?

thanks
The first bearing is a 6902 MAX-E and the last is a 6903 MAX-E. It is very important that you make these specifications - AS OTHERS HAVE ALREADY STATED!

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
sonic
what will I do if he doesn't have this sizes?
I wont be able to ride till he order them for me...
thats why I dont take them off

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
This is getting silly....

1 You have all the bearing numbers given to you in no less than 4 places

2 'Max' bearings are a trademarked name from Enduro. The common name for these bearings are 'full complement'.

3 The extended race bearings you will ONLY find from Enduro, they are a custom made bearing.

of course ALL this info ^^^^ was given to you a week ago so I will make it more simple for you.....

Go here http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id55.html scroll down until you find 'Iron Horse' in big red letters. Click on the drop down menu and select 'Sunday' (the actual frame you have)....now click 'Add to Cart'............

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
This is getting silly....

1 You have all the bearing numbers given to you in no less than 4 places

2 'Max' bearings are a trademarked name from Enduro. The common name for these bearings are 'full complement'.

3 The extended race bearings you will ONLY find from Enduro, they are a custom made bearing.

of course ALL this info ^^^^ was given to you a week ago so I will make it more simple for you.....

Go here http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id55.html scroll down until you find 'Iron Horse' in big red letters. Click on the drop down menu and select 'Sunday' (the actual frame you have)....now click 'Add to Cart'............

next he's going to give you has address and just ask you to order the bearings for him.

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
can someone please order for me?
I'll give you my address :brows:

wow. sorry for being so...
but I wanted to buy the bearings from a shop, here were I live.
I didn't know that it's special bearings only enduro can supply.

thanks any way.
I'll order it from enduro.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
can someone please order for me?
I'll give you my address :brows:

wow. sorry for being so...
but I wanted to buy the bearings from a shop, here were I live.
I didn't know that it's special bearings only enduro can supply.

thanks any way.
I'll order it from enduro.
http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id169.html

BTW, you should start your thread, How to remove bearings from a Sunday, to avoid the rush.

I advise a really sharp screwdriver and a 50oz hammer.

Last edited:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
...I didn't know that it's special bearings only enduro can supply...
from the very first response

"or you could look at enduro's site as they make the 'MAX' bearings as well as the one propietary bearing at the forward lower link pivot."

Sorry don't mean to be hard on you (I am sure some of this is due to language differences)...just kind of funny from my end....

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
I'm glad it's funny for you :biggrin: at list I make you smile
last Q.. ( I hope)
I have the 06 sunday.
does it come with the enduro MAX-E and MAX bearings? or just regular bearings?
can I use regular bearings on the frame? (if its in the right size?)...

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Yes you can use non MAX bearings. They just have a lower load (force) rating that the MAX bearings. The bearing numbers will be the same. 'Full complement' is the generic term for this kind of bearing and I am sure you could find those in your country.

full complement or 'MAX' bearings have no cage and thus more balls in the bearing http://www.technologie-entwicklung.de/12-hybrid_bearing.jpg standard bearings have a cage to seperate the bearings http://img.alibaba.com/photo/51138382/Deep_Grove_Ball_Bearing.summ.jpg and thus fewer balls.

The 'E' bearings have a longer (wider) inner race (you can see them here on a MK 3) http://p1.pinkbike.com/photo/971/med/mpbpic971863.jpg. This extension takes the place of a spacer and seems to hold up better and prevent some problems. The only place these bearings are used in in the lower link. I cant remember when Iron horse changed from spacers and standard bearings to extended race bearings. You will have to see if you have the spacers. If you do, then yes you can use standard (non extended) bearings and the spacers. If you do not have the spacers, you would have to either have some made, or just get the extended bearings from enduro.

DH'er16

Chimp
Feb 12, 2003
In a van down by the river
thanks.
now I've got the answers I needed
I will check if I've got the spacers or not
thanks
Saruti,

I'm actually going through the exact same process as you are and I just ordered the sunday kit from Enduro today.

I have the 06 factory frame and I just took out all the old bearings a few days ago. Mine definitely had the regular bearings and a spacer on each side on the lower link.

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
dh'er16
I wanted to order from enduro too, but the shipping will cost me more than the kit...
so I'll probably buy them here. will cost less.
if the regular bearings (who came with the frame) were good for two years, then I can see no reason not to buy regular bearings again.