Quantcast

Beech Mountain/Lees-McRae Downhill and Dual Slalom #3

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i heard that my time was fixed after i left...hope so 'cause otherwise that meant that sebastian passed me during my crashless run, ran back up the slope and crossed the line again about a minute after me :rolleyes: ;)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
i heard that my time was fixed after i left...hope so 'cause otherwise that meant that sebastian passed me during my crashless run, ran back up the slope and crossed the line again about a minute after me :rolleyes: ;)
I have two poorly chosen, ill timed punch lines, both of which are in poor taste. I'll withhold them both.

Can't believe nobody noticed Jeremy sporting the Olivia Newton John ankle weights. They're obviously what helped him track the turn. How come you went across the bridge J?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Can't believe nobody noticed Jeremy sporting the Olivia Newton John ankle weights. They're obviously what helped him track the turn. How come you went across the bridge J?
Good question.
I slammed into that berm before the bridge way too hard, and it threw off my line. Then I got pissed at myself for going over the bridge and tried to turn on it with a mud tire on the back. Hence the massive drift I layed down.

Also, Not only did I have ankle weights, but I had my visor pointed straight down to keep the mud off of my goggles. That pic is going in my classics file. :rofl:
I love the chaos that is bike racing.

RideDad

Chimp
Aug 28, 2009
ZFH, thanks for posting the pics. Great work! I'll bet 1/3 of the folks who tried to ride that bridge lost it coming off the back side. It was treacherous to say the least.

ulockjustice

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
ZFH, thanks for posting the pics. Great work! I'll bet 1/3 of the folks who tried to ride that bridge lost it coming off the back side. It was treacherous to say the least.
at least those pictures make me feel like less of a jackass for wiping out there since seemingly every other rider did as well. as i was going over the bridge i was even thinking "this is way dryer than it was in practice, should be no problem". at least i was also rocking the 661 80's ankle weights on my right leg = bloody mess after that.

oh well. good times despite the rain/blown out course.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Ethan Quehl 1st - East Coast Gravity Pros
Christopher Herndon 2nd - Grom Racing
Greg Nelson 3rd - East Coast Gravity Pros
Sam Pensler 4th - Grom Racing
Chuck Pitts 5th - East Coast Gravity Pros

Grom Racing and East Coast Gravity have dominated the podium this year....
just sayin' great year of racing for both teams!

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I fell on the last grass before the final rock garden. Was ticked that the bike was rolling slow and tried to sprint. Did an awesome no footed can can grasser.

Was third to last rider and got to the bottom and NOBODY was there. You know people are beat down by a course when nobody wants to talk. :rofl: The only statement we all made was "How many times did you come to a complete stop?"

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yah Butch everyone was like I lost... and went to the car!
I went into the crowd at the road crossing and hit a FAN not a VAN!
When I got to the bottom promoters were like are you OK? You hit a Van?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Ethan Quehl 1st - East Coast Gravity Pros
Christopher Herndon 2nd - Grom Racing
Greg Nelson 3rd - East Coast Gravity Pros
Sam Pensler 4th - Grom Racing
Chuck Pitts 5th - East Coast Gravity Pros

Grom Racing and East Coast Gravity have dominated the podium this year....
just sayin' great year of racing for both teams!
Congrats to all!!!!

Cecil

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Man that had me laughing so loud I woke up the wife when I saw him lose his drawers like that. hahhahahaa
I had the same thing happen in a crash at the Sugar National but, didn't ditch the drawers just had to take the time loss to get em back up. That gentleman was determined he didn't want to continue the journey with those heavy things.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Thanks for posting. That pic of me is great quality. Can't even tell what part of the track you're shooting in.:confused:
i think it was the end of the last woods section, right before popping out under the lift heading toward the mtn board area. the last little dip that had a sapling on the right side of the rut that kept challenging my shoulder to a dual