Quantcast

Beech MTN 2011?

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
Beech should have their 2011 schedule announced very soon. I've heard that they have their prospective dates lined up but they are waiting to tie up some loose ends before they make an official announcement. This is good to hear that they are taking some time to ensure their races are bigger and better this year.

O and ski season ends Saturday up there so that means their operations should shift into DH mode!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Beech should have their 2011 schedule announced very soon. I've heard that they have their prospective dates lined up but they are waiting to tie up some loose ends before they make an official announcement. This is good to hear that they are taking some time to ensure their races are bigger and better this year.

O and ski season ends Saturday up there so that means their operations should shift into DH mode!
That is good news Will. I had heard a while back that they may only do the nationals this year, but I would love it if they had 3 races again!

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
They sent out a poster back in December with the dates for the 3 usac races along with nationals and some xc stuff.I will post the dates later tonight.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
From what I heard they are deliberating on all this as we speak. Someone there told me they may do all three or just a couple with possibly one being a nat. qualifier or maybe just a qualifier and the national.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
On a nother high country note, rumor last season was that Sugar may put on at least one race this year? That would be awesome since the Dirty was laid to rest. Sugar is a sick course and a shame if we aren't getting to race it but, I know there is always more involved with having an event than just that. I think there would be a great turnout though.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
On a nother high country note, rumor last season was that Sugar may put on at least one race this year? That would be awesome since the Dirty was laid to rest. Sugar is a sick course and a shame if we aren't getting to race it but, I know there is always more involved with having an event than just that. I think there would be a great turnout though.
I second that...would love to race sugar again!!!

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
Don't count on a Sugar race any time soon for various reasons that don't need to be brought up again. Steve asked me not to post the dates that were sent out locally for the Beech races because they are very subject to change. Keep your fingers crossed but don't hold your breath, who knows with that place.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Don't count on a Sugar race any time soon for various reasons that don't need to be brought up again. Steve asked me not to post the dates that were sent out locally for the Beech races because they are very subject to change. Keep your fingers crossed but don't hold your breath, who knows with that place.
Yeah, please disregard those dates as they will probably change...

stackout

Chimp
Jul 21, 2005
Boone, NC -> Cleveland, Oh
The Town of Beech terrain will include a couple thousand feet of descending, and will be shuttle-able. The first thing we are cutting in is an epic super d, but there is plenty of room for more agro stuff. Come to the trail day on Sat 3/26 and help make it happen.

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
The Town of Beech terrain will include a couple thousand feet of descending, and will be shuttle-able. The first thing we are cutting in is an epic super d, but there is plenty of room for more agro stuff. Come to the trail day on Sat 3/26 and help make it happen.
I have some heavy equipment if you guys ever have a need

deadlink404

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
This the same super d thats going on the same weekend of the southern classic xc race?

stackout

Chimp
Jul 21, 2005
Boone, NC -> Cleveland, Oh
Thanks a ton for Trill, MotoMike, and Sapp for coming out today and figuring out a plan for the Super-D, and spying a lot of options for some much, much more agro stuff.

Here is a pretty rough map - I forget to hit start until I was a mile out on the uphill portion of the new XC loop just below the top ridge of Eagles Nest. The Super-D trail which will be the main feeder into West Bowl, will start up at about 5300 at the very peak of the existing XC loop, roughly follow the road running downhill to the north, then hit the Red dot on this map http://ridewithgps.com/routes/304261 follow it West for a mile and merge into where we mapped today http://ridewithgps.com/routes/325861 going west, until hitting the descent going north - ignore the loop to the right - all the way down to the Buckeye Ridge/Beech Mountain Parkway/Woodcreek intersection, which is about 2.75 miles with 1,300 feet drop in altitube. We should be able to drop another 500 feet over another mile or two of trail once we do some more exploring.

We will be out there Saturday all day cutting trail, and can use all the help we can get. There is housing available for volunteers, and lots of already ridable trails that you can play on afterwards.

deadlink404

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
All that went over my head, haha but looks like it will be one hell of a course :rofl:

Cant wait for the super D
Really wish I could help out with the trail work, but gots work to do.

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
Hey moto since it's official can you post the press release on your facebook page? I don't want to steal your thunder.