Quantcast

Beech Qualifier Flyer Aug 27th & 28th

herndon

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
This is what you have all been asking for, now let's see the support. Danny stepped up to put on a slalom for all you Southeast slalom/BMX guys. I want to see you all at Nationals and if you aren't qualified here is your chance.

A personal call out to Joe Haley, Juan Ashworth, Jason Sherril, Jon Shanewolfe, Ryan Taylor, Malcolm Hadley, Tim Dingy, Will Murray, Scott McClain, Brian Mountjoy, a bunch of other BMX'ers that I know and love to race but can't think of your names, All the DH and DS guys I haven't seen for years. Beech Mountain is what we have all been waiting for, it has been a long time coming and is finally here.

I look forward to seeing you all and the good times you are all known for.

Christopher

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Sweet thanks guys! I will get on the horn to try and round up the BMX troops in my area. Chris, Juan is planning on jumping in the mix! Hope to see many other old school homies!

hotrodmarlin

Chimp
Oct 29, 2007
I've talked to some riders around here that don't ever go on internet forums and they had no idea about the nationals or the qualifiers. Can I suggest getting fliers and somehow get them posted at bike shops all over NC and at trailhead bulliten boards. I'll be glad to help out. :thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
We had our best turnout when I mailed/faxed a flyer to every bike shop on google in the southeast. Had guys show up from all over that we'd never met. Some guy named Plessel got a random flyer at a shop. I think he even developed something of an obsession for DH. You all might know him as "Pads". ;)

Last edited:

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
I've talked to some riders around here that don't ever go on internet forums and they had no idea about the nationals or the qualifiers. Can I suggest getting fliers and somehow get them posted at bike shops all over NC and at trailhead bulliten boards. I'll be glad to help out. :thumb:
Me too, someone hook a brother up with a PDF.

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
Sport and Beginner (cat 2/3) license's are $5 day licenses, a year long one (required for expert (cat 1) are $60 (they are still $60 for cat 2/3 for the year long one. They can be purchased at www.usacycling.org. In order to race cat 1/pro at nationals you have to go through the usa cycling upgrading process which is detailed on their site as well.

Mwehahaha

Chimp
Mar 10, 2008
Brevard NC
Mike Thomas and myself (Danny Cesare) are going to running the slalom event on Sunday. We will be using the same start gate that they are going to use at National Championships, which will make this a great opportunity to get comfortable and perfect your starts. This is a BMX style start gate with all the bells and whistles. All timing will be fully electronic and true dual elimination.

Online Registration: http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=14001

Sport and Beginner (cat 2/3) license's are $5 day licenses, a year long one (required for expert (cat 1) are $60 (they are still $60 for cat 2/3 for the year long one. They can be purchased at www.usacycling.org. In order to race cat 1/pro at nationals you have to go through the usa cycling upgrading process which is detailed on their site as well.
So if I do cat 2 or 3 whever I fall in, all I need is the daily license, right?

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
So if I do cat 2 or 3 whever I fall in, all I need is the daily license, right?
I'll look into National Champs for you; however for the qualifier yes all you need is the daily license. In order to race both the dual and downhill you'll be paying $10 ($5 per day) plus registration

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
Sorry the previous reply was confusing... Here it is straight from USAC--If the riders who are entering the event want to qualify and race at nationals, then they will need an annual. If they just want to do the race, and not race at nationals, then they could ride on the one-day. Here is a link to the qualification procedures, and also a statement to the fact that they have to be an annual licensed member to compete at Nationals: https://www.usacycling.org/forms/natchamps/2011-MTB-Nat-Champs-Qualification-Procedures.pdf

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
Sorry the previous reply was confusing... Here it is straight from USAC--If the riders who are entering the event want to qualify and race at nationals, then they will need an annual. If they just want to do the race, and not race at nationals, then they could ride on the one-day. Here is a link to the qualification procedures, and also a statement to the fact that they have to be an annual licensed member to compete at Nationals: https://www.usacycling.org/forms/natchamps/2011-MTB-Nat-Champs-Qualification-Procedures.pdf
I just read the qualifing process and need a little clarification. I'm going to race at Beech qualifiers Cat 3 ( my first DH Race ever), if I purchase a annual and place during the qualifiers do I HAVE to move to Cat 2 immedietly?

Or if I get a day license and race only the qualifiers and not nats and I get a annual after the Nats. Am I stuck in Cat 3 the whole next season or can I move to Cat 2 if I feel like Ive progressed enough??

This is all new to me, sorry....

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
You can submit a resume with your race results if you want to move from cat3 to cat2 etc. From what I understand you have to place in several events in order to be automatically moved to cat2 etc.

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
I just read the qualifing process and need a little clarification. I'm going to race at Beech qualifiers Cat 3 ( my first DH Race ever), if I purchase a annual and place during the qualifiers do I HAVE to move to Cat 2 immedietly?
No you have to have a minimum of 2 top five finishes or a maximum of 5 top five finishes to upgrade assuming there are 15 riders in the class, if less than 10 riders are in the class then its top 3 and 5 riders or less then you must win to upgrade

NCBMXPRO

Monkey
Apr 22, 2005
Charlotte
If I can get a bike I will make it for slalom at least. I would love to do the DH too but getting two bikes in 2 weeks would be a miracle!

Sucks though because my sis is having a baby shower Saturday of the Champs, so making it to that is about a 90% no. Boo

Murray

mbrennan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2011
men don't go to baby showers those are the kind of reasons we get to go off and ride ;)

If I can get a bike I will make it for slalom at least. I would love to do the DH too but getting two bikes in 2 weeks would be a miracle!

Sucks though because my sis is having a baby shower Saturday of the Champs, so making it to that is about a 90% no. Boo

Murray

NCBMXPRO

Monkey
Apr 22, 2005
Charlotte
Just looked at the schedule. Looks like if I race Cat 1 I will be done around 3 on Saturday. That would be enough time to make it back for the shower! Ah yeah!

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
Here is an email from Stuart Lamp with USAC..

1. No, you don’t have to move to Cat 2 immediately. You can wait until you are ready, or you can attempt to move up if you feel that you are not challenged enough as a Cat 3. The only way you will be forced to move up is if you have entered several events and dominate those events.

2. You can apply to move up when you feel ready. All upgrades in the Southeast will have to be approved by me, and you can apply at any time. If you do not get an annual before Nationals, then I would highly recommend waiting until December 1st to buy an annual license. This is when you can begin to purchase a license for 2012, and it would be good until December 31st of 2012.

His email is slamp@usacycling.org. Please email him with questions : )

Last edited: