Quantcast

Beginner Class to Clydesdale?

Gun5ling3rX

Chimp
Apr 5, 2009
I'm in the Beginner class considering the Clydesdale wondering if this move would be an appropriate one for me. I weigh 204 lbs.

At the lower end of clydesdale weight scale, I had some concerns of being a sandbagger but reasonably I suspect since I only finished middle of the pack in the beginner class last year, the Clydesdale's will certainly have something to teach me.

What about my weight fluctuations? What if I'm weighing in at 199 at some point in the year? Is there a weigh in every race? Is there a weigh in @ the beginning of the year and is that the official yearly weigh in and it doesn't matter if you fluctuate? Honor system? What should be my outlook on this?

I think it would be unethical to race Clyde if my weight happens to be 199 that day. I guess I'm going to have to see how my weight shifts during the season.

Thanks for your recommendations!

Gun5

boosted1

Chimp
Mar 17, 2009
I'd say treat it like fight day for a while. since you're the only one who really knows what you weigh, try to keep it at >200 on race day, and if you start killin' the field, move up to regular beginner. at least that way you know "i COULD be racing clydesdale, but i'm kickin tail in the regular class"

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I need to do some racing in clydesdale classes. I need to look in to that. i'm 213 right now. Usually drop down to 205 when i've been riding a ton.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
no, no. I was just saying that i need to do some xc races. I haven't ever done any. But i'd like to do them in a clydesdale class if i could.

WarEagle2K

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Tucson, AZ
It doesn't matter...Thought about it at the Sea Otter Classic and the winning Clydesdale time was about the same as the winning beginner and top ten in Sport. There are a lot of sandbaggers in the beginner class anyway.

Gun5ling3rX

Chimp
Apr 5, 2009
So, I dropped more weight than anticipated. I happily went Sport class. Raced this past weekend; I felt good. Was not last, certainly not first. With no where to go but up, I'm looking forward to my first year in Sport. Thanks for your suggestions!