Quantcast

Behold; The Avalanchized built V10

crash test

Chimp
Jan 26, 2005
Nepaug, CT
Kornphlake said:
Yeah, grips are the first thing I notice on a bike with close to $2000 worth of suspension parts alone. If you hadn't mentioned there weren't grips in the pics I doubt I'd have even noticed.
"close"

crash test

Chimp
Jan 26, 2005
Nepaug, CT
danW said:
...I wouldn't be so full of envy, but theres even a bullet in the background of two of those pics :mumble: with that bike (and suspension / cult status) rig you just shouldn't be allowed to have "another" bike!...well maybe an old school kmart "allpro" or something, but a bullet :mumble:
Yeah thats my pedal bike. Its not as trick, but i love it.
- 2004 Gunmetal grey bullit
- 66 RC
- 5th element
- race face cranks, xtr/xt, onyx/singletrack rear wheel, Chris King/singletrack front wheel, thomson post/stem, Chris King headset , etc.

Its the replacement for my Foes FXR, which i snapped in two...

kajo

Chimp
Oct 8, 2004
Sweden -> malmö
I don't know if you have had a DHX5 or 5th element shock on it before but how is the pedaling efficiency compared to for example the fox shock? is it better/worse and if so noticible?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
to the original poster, nice bike!
kajo said:
I don't know if you have had a DHX5 or 5th element shock on it before but how is the pedaling efficiency compared to for example the fox shock? is it better/worse and if so noticible?
i can comment on this, having run a swinger 6 way and then avy on my non-V10 dh sled: the swinger damped out pedaling motions quite well but had a "dead" or "metallic" feel to its travel. the avalanche bobs a tiny bit. on the other hand its travel has this "oily", smooth feel that is unmatched, and has great bottom out control.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Where is NUpaug Ct?

Will any one be seeing this bike at plattekill>?

Oh, Nupaug is pretty close to me, im in ltichfield. Have you taken this bike off of the 'widowmaker' yet in the state park near you? Its about a decent 13 footer, there are also some DJ's there as well.

A

Achtung

Awesome bike, it must ride like a dream! I like grey but this "blend" just isn't that appealing to me for some reason, I think it's because the blue is pure sex.

crash test

Chimp
Jan 26, 2005
Nepaug, CT
slang said:
speaking of which... how does it ride :D
It rides great, and believe it or not it pedals more efficiently than my old V10. It launches better too. The weight is much more evenly distributed with the heavier fork up front. The lower BB makes it feel more stable at speeds, and the shorter wheel base makes the bike much more managable on skinnies.

crash test

Chimp
Jan 26, 2005
Nepaug, CT
kajo said:
It is very comparable to the 5th element. But it tracks better and handles larger drops better. Zero shock fade.

crash test

Chimp
Jan 26, 2005
Nepaug, CT
CBJ said:
Why not a Woodie or a Chubbie on in stead of they should fit and you don't need the remte placement?

I had this shock on my 03 V10. I bought it right before they came out with the Woodie. So i swapped it instead of incurring the additional expense. I think it still looks sweet with the remote reservoir.

crash test

Chimp
Jan 26, 2005
Nepaug, CT
mack said:
Where is NUpaug Ct?

Will any one be seeing this bike at plattekill>?

Oh, Nupaug is pretty close to me, im in ltichfield. Have you taken this bike off of the 'widowmaker' yet in the state park near you? Its about a decent 13 footer, there are also some DJ's there as well.

Nassahegan, been there done that..