Quantcast

Bellingham DJ Park Update - From COB

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Update... ground broken!

Good news!

Ram Construction is on-site, breaking up the concrete slab where the old bins were, getting ready to move dirt around. Thanks to everyone for your patience. Stay tuned for future volunteer work parties.

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
wow that's really upsetting. I would wager it's just some dumbass kids who think it's cool to break stuff and don't really care about the park. I see they're nearing the volunteer part. Make sure that gets posted up on here when ready.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Originally posted by ArEm7
wow that's really upsetting. I would wager it's just some dumbass kids who think it's cool to break stuff and don't really care about the park. I see they're nearing the volunteer part. Make sure that gets posted up on here when ready.
I will for sure.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Just a heads up, although it appears the individuals who vandalized the equipment are most likely skateboarders, lets not go into this with a bad attitude towards them. If the park sees conflicts between bikes/boards we are going to have problems. Let the immature ones be the boarders right now (if thats who did it) but by returning the favor, talking crap or whatever we aren't going to get anywhere and could ulitimately ruin the park for everyone.

As soon as I get word regarding volunteers I will pass the info on. A lot has to be done, besides building the jumps so we need volunteers to get it ALL done. I know a lot of you want to come out and build jumps but you also have to realize how this project works. We have to stick to a plan and build it to the drawings thta were approved. Trees need planting, sod needs laying, drainage systems might need a little grunt work preparing. There is a lot more than just the jumps that go into this. Thank you to everyone in advance.