Quantcast

Bender for kids....and other pics from the garage..

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i finally sold my frame so i went to the garage tonight to have a little alone time with Gilda, my big hit. anyhoo....i could barely stand to take her apart to clean her out for sale, but i sucked it up and made it through

then i finished her and made her ready for her new owner. at least he's a local and i'll get to see her once in a while.
frame, bb, headset,seatpost, cogs,chain, ODI grips, chainring,bashguard.....all for $375. he's getting a pretty good deal if you ask me :ouch: :weee: :trophy_br :wonky2:

so with my fork/hbars just sitting around, it seems only natural to try them out on one of lil' manimals' bikes. eat this bender....:D

then i put it back together correctly but put some regular riser bars and mtn stem instead of the super tall bmx hbars that were on there. it should, hopefully, help out his control since he's so short.

well..that's pretty much it. i still couldn't seem to stop working in the garage so i went ahead and made my own, homemade, pegboard thingy for tools/helmets and even one to hang the kids bikes on. i should get bored more often.....if only i had the time :confused:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Did little manimal ride it like that. That would have been funny. It would probably be fine for a few minutes because he is light.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manimal said:
i finally sold my frame so i went to the garage tonight to have a little alone time with Gilda, my big hit. anyhoo....i could barely stand to take her apart to clean her out for sale, but i sucked it up and made it through

then i finished her and made her ready for her new owner. at least he's a local and i'll get to see her once in a while.
frame, bb, headset,seatpost, cogs,chain, ODI grips, chainring,bashguard.....all for $375. he's getting a pretty good deal if you ask me :ouch: :weee: :trophy_br :wonky2:
GULP $375 ? :eek: OMG... thats a steal!!! I hope you like this guy, cause if not you have reason to arrest him now for ripping you off!!!
I wish you the best with the new bike... let me know when you are ready to sell that!!! I will be there with the lowball offer!!!;) :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
brungeman said:
GULP $375 ? :eek: OMG... thats a steal!!! I hope you like this guy, cause if not you have reason to arrest him now for ripping you off!!!
I wish you the best with the new bike... let me know when you are ready to sell that!!! I will be there with the lowball offer!!!;) :D
ha...yeah, that was the "locals only" deal. saved me the trouble of shipping it. i remember what it was like to be young and having to pay mom/dad back for stuff....just passing on the torch i guess.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manimal said:
ha...yeah, that was the "locals only" deal. saved me the trouble of shipping it. i remember what it was like to be young and having to pay mom/dad back for stuff....just passing on the torch i guess.
You are a good man!!! keep on keepin on my friend!!! That is the type of noble deed that we need more of!!! :thumb:

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Hey what year is that Demo8? Neither of mine have water bottle mounts, an important feature that marketing is somehow making obsolete.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
bikenweed said:
Hey what year is that Demo8? Neither of mine have water bottle mounts, an important feature that marketing is somehow making obsolete.
Why do you need WB mounts on a big hit bike? :confused:

Thats looks pretty awesome manimal, you shoudl have ridden it around the neighborhood :D

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
BigMike said:
Why do you need WB mounts on a big hit bike? :confused:
1. Night rides and the ease of a bottle holder to put a battery in.

2. The vast majority of my rides are 2-4 hours, with a ton of long climbs. I'd rather put the weight of the bottle down on the bike and keep a jersey pocket open for a camera.

3. The bike is lighter with two more holes in it.

Neither of my Demo8's has the mounts!

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
KaTooMer said:
Sweet frame...looks like a lot of stuff going on in that rear end. What the heck's happening back there?
It's just a normal FSR, horst link, 4 bar linkage like the Enduros, Stumpjumpers, BigHits, and old Team DH bikes. The only difference is the shock is attatched to the chainstay instead of the black, upper link. Bike is more stable with lower center of gravity, the suspension is super plush, and quite stiff. I have many gripes about this frame, but how well the suspension works will never bum me out.