Quantcast

Bender sequence @ Red bull Rampage

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
omg....how did he think that by horking up on the bars so hard that he would have any shot at all at making that...???!!!??? Man....it's a wonder that a guy that tried (and failed) the Jah Drop in Kamloops 3 times is still alive let alone getting bested at his own stuff by a 17 year old....funny stuff!!!

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Secret Squirrel said:
omg....how did he think that by horking up on the bars so hard that he would have any shot at all at making that...???!!!??? Man....it's a wonder that a guy that tried (and failed) the Jah Drop in Kamloops 3 times is still alive let alone getting bested at his own stuff by a 17 year old....funny stuff!!!
Are you kidding me that his "style". He YANKS the bars into his lap every time. Why do you think he NEVER sticks anything.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
a buddy was eyeing that line from the top - its a sick, sick line with a tiny landing - no margin for error. you've got to hand it to the guys that stuck that - photos / film don't do justice.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
WestCoastHucker said:
you would just stand at the top and pee yourself....
No I would stand at the top and say this is stupid, go find another line and STICK something at least smooth off of it. And yes I HAVE stuck a FEW things he didn't.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
haven't we collectively slammed Bender enough?

<officer barbrady> Move along, nothing to see here looky loo's. </officer barbrady>

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
dhtahoe said:
Are you kidding me that his "style". He YANKS the bars into his lap every time. Why do you think he NEVER sticks anything.
Did anybody see the sequence of Benders 30ft stepdown backflip from the free Banshee poster in Decline? Come on folks, if .09% of the people that bash the hell out of Bender everytime his name is mentioned were .09% as talented and devoted to the sport as he is there would be a sh*t ton of rediculously good riders out there.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
escapeartist said:
Did anybody see the sequence of Benders 30ft stepdown backflip from the free Banshee poster in Decline? Come on folks, if .09% of the people that bash the hell out of Bender everytime his name is mentioned were .09% as talented and devoted to the sport as he is there would be a sh*t ton of rediculously good riders out there.

exactly!!....D

Grantels

Chimp
Mar 19, 2005
it's as simple as this. Any one who is behind there computer talking about how much Bender sucks on ridemonkey is a hardcore poser. While you are hitting your pud, thinking how sick of a rider you are, Bender is out riding his bike, not giving a $hit who is typing what about him on some geeky arse computer website. I happen to know for a fact that Josh Bender is preparing right now to smash the world record drop that belongs to him. He has a 65ft. drop with a 50ft. gap lined up that is totaly makable. The landing is about a football field long with plenty of steepness.

Josh Bender owns 99.9% of the people on this board, plain and simple.
Keep lying to yourself, if you think otherwise. :thumb:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
bizutch said:
wow...that was an excellent verbal handjob. have you ever heard the term...fluffer? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
BWAHAHA. The same guy has been banned about 5 times already..it'll just happen again, so let's just ignore him and he will get the point.

Grantels

Chimp
Mar 19, 2005
Transcend said:
BWAHAHA. The same guy has been banned about 5 times already..it'll just happen again, so let's just ignore him and he will get the point.
i've never been banned once. :nope: your talkin about someone else.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Wait hasn't a RACER won rampage two years running. And yes when we were out filming the first DOWN I did stick more than a few lines that Bender didn't, but Thor like to film riders crashing. Not being clean and smooth. Going huge and being racer smooth looks lame on film. That's why I race and don't huck for film. Fluffer is the best term I have heard. A sideshow to keep you hard, but not blow your wad. I I do have a bit of a personal issue with the guy. He would snap frame after frame and just want us to build him another. Not thinking of the rest of the riders on the team who still didn't even have their race bikes half way thru July. He didn't care as long as he had his bike.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Grantels said:
it's as simple as this. Any one who is behind there computer talking about how much Bender sucks on ridemonkey is a hardcore poser. While you are hitting your pud, thinking how sick of a rider you are, Bender is out riding his bike, not giving a $hit who is typing what about him on some geeky arse computer website. I happen to know for a fact that Josh Bender is preparing right now to smash the world record drop that belongs to him. He has a 65ft. drop with a 50ft. gap lined up that is totaly makable. The landing is about a football field long with plenty of steepness.

Josh Bender owns 99.9% of the people on this board, plain and simple.
Keep lying to yourself, if you think otherwise. :thumb:

My question on this is who cares?

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I think it is funny how one name can divide the whole DH world. You say the name Bender and all the sudden there is controversy.

He is a nice guy, which doesn't matter, he crashes on HUGE gaps, and that doesnt matter. He also lands plenty, which doesn't matter, and he is a skilled rider, and that obviously doesn't matter either. I think that he is out riding and doing a good job at marketing himself. Sponsors like him and he does a lot for companies like Rockgardn who make thier armor better and better because he offers excellent feedback. Bender puts things through more abuse than the average rider and therefore YOU, the consumer are benifiting from him.

Bender will never challenge Cedric, but he has the balls and he has the fitness to withstand more than most of us. His ability to get up from a crash or to scope out a line is above average.

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
atleast he had the balsl to try it... atleast he's always had the balls to try anything.

i just didn't get the two shock thing :p

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
OK, I don't really even like the bastard, but even I am getting sick of this war over him all the time! Take it to Pinkbike.
BUT: I HAVE ridden with him, and I gotta say I fail to see what others do. I've seen him pile up on a 20' basic gap, blow pedals on a 5' drop(seriously...5 FEET), and hit a pole riding down the street landing on his head. Entertaining, yes, skilled? Jury left and never returned.
YEAH, he has big friggin balls, but he also has 6 pounds of smoke and a thick skull.

Simple question: Why, in 4 years of Rampage, in his OWN BACKYARD, on lines HE CREATED, didn't he even place? If he was always bouncing around in the 3rd to 5th place, he would have even more respect from me than placing 1st once or twice. And just to take the Devil's hand for a minute, YES, I fully believe that the film industry created the rep for Bender, but wouldn't you think that he might say SOMETHING about it if he had a skill or two?

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
THRILLSEEKA said:
Simple question: Why, in 4 years of Rampage, in his OWN BACKYARD, on lines HE CREATED, didn't he even place? If he was always bouncing around in the 3rd to 5th place, he would have even more respect from me than placing 1st once or twice. And just to take the Devil's hand for a minute, YES, I fully believe that the film industry created the rep for Bender, but wouldn't you think that he might say SOMETHING about it if he had a skill or two?
Bender got some of the hucking world going, however, I know first hand he's got skills, but maybe not enough skills to win over the other guys.

Bender creates sick, hard, lines to ride for the enjoyment of it all. But others can do much of the same, plus a bit more perhaps. The new kids (anyone under 25) have had the opportunity to build biking skills up from the early years (which means a lot). Us old farts (I'm 33, and I believe Bender is the same) had to utilize crappy technology to get to where we wanted mtn biking to go. He stayed persistent at it, I gave up for 5 years.