Quantcast

bender

ironhorse

Chimp
Jan 18, 2006
new hampshire
well pearsonally i dont really care what people say about bender but.. i think he is a great freerider(if he could land things) that has pushed the sport to whole new limits. wut do u peoplethink about him?:blah:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
So you don't care what people say about him, yet you want to know what we think about him?:confused:

Use the search function - there are plenty of Bender threads.

foesjunky

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
In the 909
Dirtjumper999 said:
i think he's really just a punk that doesn't care if he gets hurt. and that is a very bad thing.
Amen, Watch NWD 3( The one with the big a-- black truck) when Bender and Wade Simmons hit the same drop. Simmons is smooth and talented and Bender is a hack!!!

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
he got what was coming to him by breaking his back, maybe that'll teach him to try to i don't know: ride smooth, go for style and not huge, stay away from crappy 12" travel bikes and forks, and stick with the standard 8-8 set up, maybe get some talent. the only people i've seen huck off something and crash like that are people who can't ride.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Dirtjumper999 said:
he got what was coming to him by breaking his back, maybe that'll teach him to try to i don't know: ride smooth, go for style and not huge, stay away from crappy 12" travel bikes and forks, and stick with the standard 8-8 set up, maybe get some talent. the only people i've seen huck off something and crash like that are people who can't ride.
I don't know that too much travel is realy the problem here.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
See what happens when you mention bender - all the frothers show up and spew their hate.

Thankfully we have experts like foesjunky and dirtjumper999 around:rolleyes:

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh everbody has opinions, but thats what this thread is for lol. :rolleyes: .

ohh bender lets see. barley lands a 45' drop and cant even land a 50' drop, but he still says he wants to hit a 100' drop. i mean now if that isnt the most idiotic thing ive ever heard i dont know what is. ohh and when it comes to drops that all the pros have been able to hit and are able to put style in it and able to flow threw lines and awsome dh sections, bender is dead sailoring everything, doesnt flow, and never rides a trail. BORING. thats the only reason i dont like him i cant stand to watch someone try and try and try, and get no where but crash crash crash. gets old really fast and is really depressing.

Dirtjumper999 said:
are you trying to say that his Canfield brothers sucks, cause if you are you should take your head out of your ass. Show me another bike that rides that nice and can hold up to that kind of abuse.:mumble:

cephas01

Chimp
Jul 27, 2005
personally i like his courage...even if he is nothin but a punk...he has more balls than i do...and thats sayin somethin...especially since my bro says im a mini bender...could be a bad nickname but w/e

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
Big nuts and no brains. You wanna watch a real rider follow wade. That dudes f'n yoda when it comes to freeridin

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
Wade is played. Too old.
thats not what i saw in nw6. Obviously theres some great talent comin up right now, but dude still throws down with the best of em When it comes to bombin through the woods, no one flows better

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
ironhorse said:
sorry for just joining today and not looking about bender threads
ups sorry dude i didnt see that you are new here, i was thinking "oh no another bender thread" but its ok..

sorry man

bender is my "role model" i love to huck and he have biggest balls etc.

how old is he ???? (bender)

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
Dirtjumper999 said:
He was on a normal set up, no 12 inch bike on that one. Comment's like your are childish and uncalled for. I hope your banned. now go fall off your bike!

frznnomad said:
yeh everbody has opinions, but thats what this thread is for lol. :rolleyes: .

ohh bender lets see. barley lands a 45' drop and cant even land a 50' drop, but he still says he wants to hit a 100' drop. i mean now if that isnt the most idiotic thing ive ever heard i dont know what is. ohh and when it comes to drops that all the pros have been able to hit and are able to put style in it and able to flow threw lines and awsome dh sections, bender is dead sailoring everything, doesnt flow, and never rides a trail. BORING. thats the only reason i dont like him i cant stand to watch someone try and try and try, and get no where but crash crash crash. gets old really fast and is really depressing.
You've never actually ridden with him, have you. Quite watching, just go ride.

he is 32 if I remember correct.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay so i need to quite watching biking vids and actually get out and ride is that what your telling me. okay so what else am i supposed to do when im in nashville with no dh. when im in asheville im on the bike everyday so why dont you quit assuming that someone never rides and just sits on his ass and watches vids. i wouldnt be judging him if i myself didnt ride and didnt understand what he does. because i ride i am able to understand what he is doing and i feel that i have the right to form an opinion about what i think is boring dude. to me watching someone fall is no fun just not insperational and just no fun to watch. i watch biking vids to give me something to shoot for and give me insperation on my rides and during races. so before you accuse a rider of not ridding maybee you should just come ride with me. :rolleyes:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
frznnomad said:
okay so i need to quite watching biking vids and actually get out and ride is that what your telling me<snip>
time for reading comprehension - he said "You've never actually ridden with him, have you. " (which by the way should have had a question mark at the end :blah: ).

flymybike said nothing about you not riding.

And I think his point is that all you(or I) know of Bender is what you see in the video's - and what do they put in the video... big crashes. Unless you've ridden with the man and seen him do something other than huge (and I agree, ridiculous) drops - how do you know enough to make statement like:

frznnomad said:
bender is dead sailoring everything, doesnt flow, and never rides a trail.
And in case you don't realize it... Flymybikes has probably ridden with Bender once or twice - so he knows what he is talking about...

crazybiker300

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
ironhorse said:
well pearsonally i dont really care what people say about bender but.. i think he is a great freerider(if he could land things) that has pushed the sport to whole new limits. wut do u peoplethink about him?:blah:
what makes him great if he cant land stuff? anyone can throw themselves off a cliff, but sometimes that descresion theat tells them not to go off it shows more skill than actually doing it. it shows you know the limits of your bike, and your personal limits. **** bender

wade is a better bender

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
crazybiker300 said:
what makes him great if he cant land stuff? anyone can throw themselves off a cliff, but sometimes that descresion theat tells them not to go off it shows more skill than actually doing it. it shows you know the limits of your bike, and your personal limits. **** bender
I have to agree with a previous post. All you see of this guy is the 4 or 5 drops that make a video. Thats no way to judge a rider. If nothin else hes got bigger stones than all of us, and you dont get those by not riding everything that comes your way. Im guessing when he isnt showin off for the camera that guy can rip it with the best of em. He's just not content to be 'movie" average, he wanted to go the biggest............................and he paid

crazybiker300

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
The Amish said:
I have to agree with a previous post. All you see of this guy is the 4 or 5 drops that make a video. Thats no way to judge a rider. If nothin else hes got bigger stones than all of us, and you dont get those by not riding everything that comes your way. Im guessing when he isnt showin off for the camera that guy can rip it with the best of em. He's just not content to be 'movie" average, he wanted to go the biggest............................and he paid
if he rode more trails, and "rips with the best of them" he would probibly have more flow than his usual head smacking on the handlebar drops.

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
Why dont you do a 50 footer and then come back and talk **** about your head not smackin the bars. Not gonna happen. For better or worse he only appears when hes goin huge. Theres alot to be said for that.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Bender threads never get anywhere.

I don't really like the way he carries himself in and out of the videos much either, but...

Bender does more than just huck off fat cliffs. Do you think he just went outside one day and said, "I think I'll do a 50 ft. drop today on a bicycle?"

I don't think so. The guy can ride trails, I'd be willing to bet $100 that he can ride and 'flow' trails better than any tools that posted in this thread (excluding Flymybike:) ).

To derail my topic:
I've gotta semi-agree with the guy who said Wade is washed up. He is still a great rider, but Crankworx was ridiculous. There were a ton of young guys who would own Wade and Richie, and all those older guys in a slopestyle condition. Wade and Richie will always have a place in freeriding, but I think their place is more out in the woods riding trails and stuff, they should hand off the slopestyle stuff to the young'ns.

Back on track:

The guy CAN ride trails and has more bike handling skills than you guys will ever have regardless of what you all think, he is just portrayed as a big drop guy in the movies because that is what some people want to see.

It gets people hyped up and there is a lot of controversy about stuff like that, generating these sort of threads and arguments...

Anyway, just wanted to chime in and say Bender isn't the smoothest rider, but hes definitely better than any of you guys who just sit in front of the computer and talk all day long. Go outside and ride your bikes.

Haplipe

Monkey
Feb 7, 2006
Arvada
I have to agree with the previous post by matt12,
If you have met bender he is a really nice guy and yes he might not be the smootheset rider out there but at least he goes out there and tries and does what he loves to do.

crazybiker300

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
o
matt12 said:
Bender threads never get anywhere.

I don't really like the way he carries himself in and out of the videos much either, but...

Bender does more than just huck off fat cliffs. Do you think he just went outside one day and said, "I think I'll do a 50 ft. drop today on a bicycle?"

I don't think so. The guy can ride trails, I'd be willing to bet $100 that he can ride and 'flow' trails better than any tools that posted in this thread (excluding Flymybike:) ).

To derail my topic:
I've gotta semi-agree with the guy who said Wade is washed up. He is still a great rider, but Crankworx was ridiculous. There were a ton of young guys who would own Wade and Richie, and all those older guys in a slopestyle condition. Wade and Richie will always have a place in freeriding, but I think their place is more out in the woods riding trails and stuff, they should hand off the slopestyle stuff to the young'ns.

Back on track:

The guy CAN ride trails and has more bike handling skills than you guys will ever have regardless of what you all think, he is just portrayed as a big drop guy in the movies because that is what some people want to see.

It gets people hyped up and there is a lot of controversy about stuff like that, generating these sort of threads and arguments...

Anyway, just wanted to chime in and say Bender isn't the smoothest rider, but hes definitely better than any of you guys who just sit in front of the computer and talk all day long. Go outside and ride your bikes.
looks like you were on here long enough to write a novel

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
crazybiker300 said:
o

looks like you were on here long enough to write a novel
wow, nice comeback.:nopity:

fortunately, that took me less than 5 minutes due to the fact that I actually know how to type.

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
Now,Now........let's fight nice.......we all know that Josh is the one that started it all, and that is one of the reasons OUR sport is where it is today..........:thumb:

by the way, "OUR" includes all FRers & DHers, and anyone crazy enough not to keep their wheels on the ground.:D