Quantcast

Best 26 inch DJ/urban bike....Mine

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
I had juicy 7s on it, but then I destroyed the brakes on my dh and put th e7s on there. For urban and dj, I had no need for a nice set of brakes, in fact, the hayes work better than i need them too...

micahb

Monkey
Jan 6, 2006
Washington
I love the way the Double looks. Wish I could get on one for a test ride - since looks and reality are often at odds with each other.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
the best would have no brakes:busted:

seriously, very sick bike. i really wanted one when they came out..have you ridden street on it at all? does it feel like the rear squish is too much squish for the job or...?

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Nice build. Looks like it'd be fun for trails but not for street. The squish seems overkill. Still it's a really nice ass bike.

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
It has 3.5 inches of rear travel. I have it set up so it does compress on anything less than 1 foot to flat.

I origonaly wanted a hardtail (top or rumle). However, this frame has the same geometry as the top which was killer and just a little heavier. I had a scrap, and on some bigger urban stuff (especially to flat), the landings hurt my ankles/knees. This is actually perfect. I guess to answer your question, no the squish is not too much at all. (infact, on djs, unless i come short, it doesnt even compress).

The 36 talas is amazing. I came from a pike, which was sick, but this absolutely blows it away. SOOOO stiff and the travel is smooth. If Im doing some bigger freeriding stuff, I flip the knob to get 130 or 160 mm of travel, and the ha slakens out nicely.

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
I do use this for trails and general freeriding, so the front brake and gears need to stay. The chain doesn't skip or fall ever, and it adds minimal wieght. Also, I like nose manuals, so a front bake is also necessary...

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
"best" is a relative term.... not my choice for street or "urban" by any means....

Very nice mountain bike though, I'm sure it rips!

I wish I could do extended nose manuals without a front brake too.... damn hard...

micahb

Monkey
Jan 6, 2006
Washington
^Who cares? Are you planning to buy one, or just poking the bear? The bike is a great build, he is happy and it seems to suit his riding needs and style.