Quantcast

best 90's trails video sections...........

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
That Taj video is 1 of the best videos i have ever seen, to date, very impressive tricks and i loved the backwards variations

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
this is not a 'trails' video . . . . but if you can sit through the whole acid-head thing you'll get a feel for what early 90's 'freestyle' was.

not to sound like a "back-in-the-day" jackass . . . but it is strange to think about: back then videos were not snappy little web edits: you sat down for a solid 45 min or an hour or longer and chilled out....that video would be in rotation for years. it was like a whole year of internet surfing wrapped into one sitting....
you could go for months without ever seeing another bmx'er in your city, or seeing any new bmx images at all--the only thing was magazines.

in this era of media saturationit's hard to explain the isolation: you would ride by yourself for ever, or with one two or three other guys, then go to a contest and get blown away. you didn't know what riders on the other side of the country were doing until that point. maybe that's why i'm still into the 'quest.' do today's young riders' feel it in a similar way? 16 is 16? maybe.
http://bmxmdb.com/films/623-Clowns-Full-Of-Hate

Last edited:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
16 is 16, times do change though....

I have that video in my basement. the cover is a color copier piece of paper I think. :D

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
this is not a 'trails' video . . . . but if you can sit through the whole acid-head thing you'll get a feel for what early 90's 'freestyle' was.

not to sound like a "back-in-the-day" jackass . . . but it is strange to think about: back then videos were not snappy little web edits: you sat down for a solid 45 min or an hour or longer and chilled out....that video would be in rotation for years. it was like a whole year of internet surfing wrapped into one sitting....
you could go for months without ever seeing another bmx'er in your city, or seeing any new bmx images at all--the only thing was magazines.

in this era of media saturationit's hard to explain the isolation: you would ride by yourself for ever, or with one two or three other guys, then go to a contest and get blown away. you didn't know what riders on the other side of the country were doing until that point. maybe that's why i'm still into the 'quest.' do today's young riders' feel it in a similar way? 16 is 16? maybe.
http://bmxmdb.com/films/623-Clowns-Full-Of-Hate
Never called it the 'quest' but it's a great word for it. Yeah, I wonder if many kids have today.

So true about watching VHS vids too. I remember digging/riding at the trails all day and having some of my buddies come back to the house and sit down and watch them. You couldn't skip around either like you can with a DVD. Sorta watched the whole thing front to back.