Quantcast

Best bang for my bucks

Simpsonna

Chimp
Jun 25, 2007
I am very rough on my bikes. I don't do one thing in particular. Though I don't really do downhill a lot. I have mostly decided on a hart-tail for this reason. I want something very tough but the best quality for the price. I am looking in the 500 range. I have looked at getting the new Cannondale F7 but cannondale rolled back the release date and I cant wait that long. I definitely want disk brakes and shimano components. And I would prefer the front fork to have at least 100mm of travel but I don't really know that much so I would like a little help. I'm tired of wally world bikes that have warped rims after 1 week. What should I look at. Thanks.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
well if you're looking for a "tough" bike you may need to go up in price....bikes at the $500 price level typically aren't that durable...oh and welcome to RM...D

Simpsonna

Chimp
Jun 25, 2007
Ok, I can't really go up in price but I visited all my local bike shops today and settled on a Trek 4300. What do you think?

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
My suggestion would be to go used, you can get a ton more bang for your buck using this route. I don't know if kidwoo still has his doc for sale, but find kidwoo on here and if his bike is still for sale it'll be in his sig. He was selling for around $600, and thats a freaking awesome deal.

edit: He might be adjustable with the price, but if you could swing the little bit of extra cash for this bike, it would suit you great.Click Here for bikey

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
I am very rough on my bikes. I don't do one thing in particular. Though I don't really do downhill a lot. I have mostly decided on a hart-tail for this reason. I want something very tough but the best quality for the price. I am looking in the 500 range. I have looked at getting the new Cannondale F7 but cannondale rolled back the release date and I cant wait that long. I definitely want disk brakes and shimano components. And I would prefer the front fork to have at least 100mm of travel but I don't really know that much so I would like a little help. I'm tired of wally world bikes that have warped rims after 1 week. What should I look at. Thanks.
an iron horse warrior is not bad i think it is a little bit more then 500 but i dont know havent cheacked in a while. it has desent parts and like 120 mm of travle